Manager, Indirect Tax
City : Laval
Category : Finance & Accounting
Industry : Retail
Employer : Alimentation Couche-Tard
JOIN OUR TEAM
You may have already stopped for coffee, refueling your car, or eating something on the go. Then you know what Couche-Tard is. Our mission at Couche-Tard is to make our customers' lives a little easier every day. We have grown into a successful global company with over 16,000 stores in 26 countries, serving over 6 million customers every day. In total, more than 120,000 people work in our stores and help desks.
Location : Laval (4204, boul. Industriel, Laval)
Hybrid mode: 3 days at the office and 2 days remotely
Type of employment: Permanent, Full Time
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Provide advice and assistance to business units and shared services on the application of Canadian indirect taxes.
- Analyze the indirect tax implications of current and future transactions and participate in their integration
- Ensure ongoing compliance with applicable indirect tax rules.
- Contribute to the identification and reduction of indirect tax and sales tax risks.
- Enhance risk management through continuous assessment and optimization of processes, data and systems to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Interpret Canadian indirect tax laws and assess their impact on the company.
- Research and assess the viability of:
- Tax planning opportunities to optimize indirect tax and sales tax recoveries and increase government incentives or tax credits.
- Transformation opportunities to increase automation.
- Participate in Canadian indirect tax audits and discuss resolution activities. Follow-up with tax authorities on various correspondence received.
- Prepare information or training documents relating to tax application and provide in-house training to those involved.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
Education and Experience:
- CPA designation, or Bachelor's degree in law
- Minimum 5 years' experience in commodity taxes
- Completion of or willingness to take CPA Canada's "In-depth GST/HST" course, or Master's degree in taxation
Knowledge and skills:
- Very good knowledge of the retail industry
- In-depth technical expertise in Canadian indirect taxes
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to translate technical concepts simply
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple files simultaneously
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Interpersonal skills
- Sense of analysis and synthesis
- Bilingualism is mandatory (French and English) in both writing and speaking.
WHY WORK WITH US
Our job openings in stores and offices allow you to grow quickly within a global company, while benefiting from a dynamic work environment that puts people first. Wherever you are in your journey, we have a place for you. Here are some of the attractive benefits we offer:
- Alimentation Couche-Tard has been named one of Montreal's Top Employers for 2023;
- A full range of benefits (medical, dental, etc.);
- Possibility to join a pension plan with employer contributions or a share purchase plan;
- Discounts for employees in stores and at many of our partners;
- Paid leave including vacation, sick and personal leave;
- Scholarship program available to the employee and the employee's children;
- Learning opportunities to develop new skills and grow professionally in a growing company;
- Work in hybrid mode.
INTERESTED? You are only a few clicks away from joining an exceptional company! Those interested in this position should apply on our career site: https://carrieres.couche-tard.com
Couche-Tard attaches great importance to diversity in the workplace and subscribes to the principle of employment equity by encouraging applications from designated groups, namely: women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.
We thank all candidates for their interest in this position; Only selected individuals will be contacted.
Couche-Tard / Circle K valorise la diversité et de l’inclusion et vise à créer un milieu de travail sain, accessible et gratifiant qui met en valeur la contribution unique de nos employés au succès de notre entreprise. En tant qu'employeur qui s'engage à respecter l'équité en matière d'emploi, nous encourageons les candidatures les plus diverses afin de pouvoir nous doter d’un effectif varié et représentatif de nos clients et des communautés que l’on sert. Des accommodements sont disponibles sur demande pour les candidats qui participent à tous les aspects du processus de sélection.