Manager, Global Procurement
City : Toronto
Category : Procurement
Industry : Finance
Employer : KPMG
At KPMG, you’ll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
Global Procurement (GP) provides procurement services to both KPMG International (KPMGI) and to member firms in situations where goods and/or services are being procured for multiple member firms
The Strategic Sourcing Manager for professional services, (Marketing, Travel, Contingent Labor, BPO, IT Services and other ) is responsible for supporting the development and execution of the category plans for the assigned categories, while helping to lead the contractual and commercial negotiations with third parties.
What you will do
- Supports the development and/or refresh of the category strategies and annual category plans for the assigned mid-high value/ mid-high complexity/ mid-high risk category/categories
- Analyzes and prepares reports on the supply market for products/services within assigned category/categories
- Analyzes and prepares reports on key stakeholder needs and priorities
- Researches and consolidates procurement activities, for assigned category/categories, in KPMGI and member firms and identifies potential opportunities and risks
- Prepares materials for stakeholder meetings including reports on supplier, trend, and spend information
- Monitors, plans and resolves issues or escalates to the Sr Strategic Sourcing Manager
- Leads all aspects of the sourcing and contractual and commercial negotiations with third parties for assigned requests
- Gathers detailed requirements
- Develops sourcing strategies and obtains approval from the appropriate governance forum
- Establishes supplier selection criteria, metrics and measures based on business needs
- Partners with stakeholders to source and select suppliers
- Provides the analysis and response to the commercial proposal from suppliers
- Negotiates contractual terms and conditions, detailed statements of work, pricing, service levels, and executes agreements
- Engages subject matter experts and/or individuals who can best influence the outcome of supplier negotiations
- Addresses the requirements of the various stakeholders, balancing the business need, the commercial value and risk mitigation
- Provides advice and counsel to member firms on procurement services provided by Global Procurement
- Participates in Global Procurement’s continuous improvement program by identifying opportunities to improve effectiveness and/or better align to stakeholder needs
What you bring to the role
- Post-Secondary education
- 3- 5 years in strategic sourcing with specific category knowledge in any or all of the following: ( IT Services, HR, Contingent Labour, Marketing and Application Development & Maintenance)
- Have sound commercial and contractual acumen - Be able to help draft, negotiate and execute strong contracts. These may include; MSLA's ( Master Service Level Agreements) , SLA ( Service Level Agreements) SOW's ( Statements of Work) and Maintenance agreements
- Have knowledge of sourcing and procurement principles and best practices
- Understanding of supplier management (managing technical, schedule, commercial, and terms and conditions compliance
Keys to your success
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business.
Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada’s Benefits and well-being, click here.
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity, we do what is right | Excellence, we never stop learning and improving | Courage, we think and act boldly | Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to visit our accessibility page.