Manager, Data Engineering
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Technology | Analytics | Research
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
What is the opportunity?
RBC Canadian Banking Operations (CBO) Data and Analytics Center of Excellence (COE) is hiring a Manager, Data and Analytics COE that will lead the enhancement of our data foundation through the engineering of critical data pipelines supporting strategic insights for CBO using cutting edge data capabilities.
What will you do?
- Develop and maintain the automated data pipelines and infrastructure necessary to enabling the measurement of operations performance through single-source-of-truth datasets.
- Partner with business intelligence and workforce analytics teams to accelerate speed to strategic decision-making with quicker insight delivery through data engineering and support.
- Collaborate with business partners to understand and develop requirements for the ingestion and transformation of source-system data into meaningful and relatable performance datasets.
- Ensure sound governance and controls are in place for all data pipelines including adherence to documentation standards.
What will you need to succeed?
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated capability of leveraging SQL and Python to solve data problems
- Knowledge of and experience in design, development, and implementation utilizing big data technologies - Hadoop, Spark, Datameer, Teradata, SQL databases
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and in writing, technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Comfort dealing with ambiguity and working independently.
- Strong expertise in data engineering principles, practices, and tools including data modeling, ETL processes, data integration, and data warehousing
- Solid experience in software development lifecycle and working knowledge of DevOps pipelines (GitHub, Jenkins, UCD/Helios)
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Python, Java, or Scala, and experience with big data technologies (e.g., Hadoop, Spark) and cloud platforms.
- BSc. or Masters in Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or Computer Science is preferred
- Experience automating routine reporting work
- Experience within Canadian Banking Operations
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Work in a safe, secure and positive work environment
- Work with a dynamic team focused on innovation and collaboration
Job SkillsActuarial Modeling, Big Data, Big Data Technologies, Business Acumen, Computer Science, Data Analysis, Data Engineering, Data Management, Data Mining, Data Pipelines, Data Science, Datasets, Decision Making, DevOps, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Predictive Analytics, Problem Solving, Python (Programming Language), Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Structured Query Language (SQL), Teamwork
Additional Job Details
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at jobs.rbc.com.