Manager, Contract Management – Bilingual- English/ Spanish
City : Vancouver, British Columbia
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
Fluor’s Mining and Metals Business line provides these engineering services to the mining industry globally with a focus on the engineering, procurement, and construction of processing and infrastructure facilities associated with the recovery of metals and minerals.
The purpose of this position is to perform experienced job duties and functions listed below with the overall objective of helping to improve the Corporation’s overall business performance, deliver added value to our shareholders, reduce leakage, and promote consistent and cost effective solutions across strategic business units, projects, and locations. This position provides oversight for contract management activities on Fluor projects or may act as a lead contract manager on individual Fluor contracts. This role is expected to directly perform experienced Contract Management activities. This role assures compliance with all Company’s statutes, regulations, procedures, practices, and contractual terms and conditions.
The position requires to report to the Project Contracts Manager or his/her deputy; and perform all Contract Formation activities. Including but not limited to:
• Market research for Bidders.
• Attendance, coordination and support in the preparation of scope of works – Construction or Contract Services.
• Participation and input in Request for Proposals kick of meetings
• Preparation and support of Bidders List for approval
• Bidders Pre-qualifications and risk analysis preparations.
• Preparations of NDA and Waivers
• Preparation of detailed Contract Plans (including mitigations and contingencies)
• Preparation and formation of Request for Proposals including multiple attachments and exhibits
• Management of clarifications (technical and commercial)
• Preparation and recommendation of Shortlists and Detailed Recommendation to Award including sensitivity analysis.
• Contract Award and Formation
individual will review and approve contract awards with their delegated authority, generally for mid to large contracts.
• Administer moderately large and complex contracts
• Negotiate contract terms and conditions, analyze commercial sections of proposals and technical proposal evaluations, and coordinate of technical scopes of work including interface with all project disciplines (project controls, legal services, project management, construction, engineering, finance/accounting, and client)
• Develop final proposal evaluations, prepare contract recommendations, and present recommendation to project team and/or client
• Support Contract Management activities on large-scale projects, with a work scope of US$250 million to US$1 billion (or global equivalent); duties may include assisting multiple Contract Administrators and Contract Managers with the preparation and execution of pre-award and post-award activities
• Conduct and maintain continuing review of progress of each contract and provide management with information pertaining to any financial, technical, or commercial difficulties
• Other duties as assigned