City : Calgary, AB, CA; Toronto, ON, CA
Category : Compensation
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Rogers
Come play a key role in fostering a positive and inclusive culture at Rogers. Our Human Resources department is committed to growing teams across the country that are collaborative, digital-first, fast-moving, bold-thinking, and focused on delivering impact in everything they do. We are looking for Human Resource champions committed to improving employee productivity and engagement and who understand the impact of HR in influencing business results.
We believe in challenging work, rewarding opportunities, and giving back to make a positive impact for Canadians who need it most. When our team learns, grows, and reaches their true potential – we can make more possible. At Rogers, your journey is filled with limitless possibilities, let’s make your possible.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? Consider the following opportunity:
The Manager Compensation role is an exciting opportunity created to define and execute a rewards and recognition philosophy and program(s) for the entire organization, that fosters rewarding employees for outstanding performance with a particular focus on our Frontline customer facing employees. Leveraging significant compensation expertise and best practices, this role will collaborate, partner, build rapport with and provide consultative guidance to Human Resources Business Partners (HRBPs) and Senior Leadership, with particular attention on both Broad-based & Sales Compensation. As the successful candidate you will become part of a dynamic team focused on motivating the high performance and business results of our leading organization.
What you will be doing:
- Proactively partner with HR, Total Rewards, Finance, Marketing, Sales, and Business partners to deliver sales compensation programs and customized solutions to address unique compensation challenges and to attract, motivate and retain top talent.
- Lead the design, development and implementation of effective sales compensation programs which reward desired behaviors and performance results, creates a positive work environment, and increases employee engagement while aligning with financial and business priorities
- Act as a consultant, providing coaching and direction in a timely manner to HRBPs and business clients on high priority compensation decisions, exceptions, and escalations. This may involve the assessment of internal compensation equity and/or external market competitiveness to provide recommendations on closing critical gaps
- Lead discussions and negotiations with senior levels of management (VPs & SVPs) on broad-based and sales compensation initiatives
- Manage strategy and planning discussions regarding sales compensation plans, involving cross-functional participation with the extended Human Resources, Finance, Marketing and Sales teams
- Develop and manage a strong governance model around the design and execution of the sales compensation plans
- Monitor program effectiveness to ensure alignment with business strategy and financial modeling, researching best practices and recommending enhancements/changes as appropriate
- Prepare presentations, reports, correspondence, business cases and process documentation
- Conduct job evaluations, provide education and support to HRBPs throughout the process and contribute to design and process improvements
- Partner with the Compensation Programs team to ensure flawless implementation of all Year End programs, including merit and bonus, and provide consultation to HRBPs on compensation decisions and effective use of programs
What you have:
- University degree / College diploma in Business, Human Resources, and/or Canadian Human Resources
- Professional (CHRP) designation and/or Certified Compensation Practitioner (CCP) is an asset
- Minimum of five years of combined Broad-based & Sales compensation experience in progressively responsible roles
- Demonstrated ability to lead presentations and manage challenging discussions with clarity and precision with senior levels of management including VPs & SVPs
- Strong depth and breadth of formal compensation principles and practices
- Ability to work independently in a high-intensity, deadline-oriented environment
- Experience within a multi-industry organization a definite asset
- Experience in Mergers and Acquisitions a definite asset
Proficiency with MS Office, and advanced knowledge of Excel
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 333 Bloor Street East (824), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Human Resources & Compensation
Requisition ID: 288765
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Corporate