Manager, Business Applications Development
City : British Columbia
Category : Other
Industry : Real estate and rental and leasing
Employer : BC Housing
MANAGER, BUSINESS APPLICATIONS DEVELOPMENT:
($84,795 - $99,759 Annually)
Reporting to the assigned supervisor, the Manager, Business Applications Development is responsible for overseeing activities and resources related to the design, configuration, implementation, and maintenance of technical solutions that make up BC Housing's mission-critical packaged / custom software and reporting applications. He/she/they collaborate with system and infrastructure administrators to ensure seamless delivery of services to clients.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Diploma in Information Technology or equivalent combination of education and experience Extensive IT industry experience specifically focused on IT solutions in an Oracle or Microsoft environment.
- Considerable experience in one or more of the following:
- Designing, developing, and supporting operational and analytical reports
- Designing, developing, and supporting applications within the Microsoft .NET framework or JAVA or Microsoft Power Platform
- Designing, developing, and supporting web applications, interface engines, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), and Web Services consumed by both internal and external applications
- Designing, developing, and supporting data integrations and/or integration between systems, including Application Programming Interface (APIs), Extract, Transform, Load/ Extract, Load, Transform (ETL/ELT)
- Programming in Oracle SQL and PL/SQL
- Designing, developing, and supporting Oracle Siebel, Oracle PeopleSoft, Oracle JD Edwards, Microsoft Dynamics, and Microsoft SharePoint
- Using Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server, and Azure DevOps source control and branching
- Configuring and troubleshooting Oracle WebLogic or Microsoft IIS environments
- Considerable experience as a team lead.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience acceptable to the employer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Sound knowledge of interface development standards, methodologies, tools, and technologies.
- Sound knowledge of transportation protocols, messaging and transaction systems, Java and J2EE runtime environments, ERP and database systems, message formats, and distributed systems architectures.
- Sound knowledge of data modeling, use cases, process flow mapping, and entity relationship diagrams.
- Sound understanding of business applications such as ERP.
- Sound understanding of relational database concepts and interpreting data models.
- Sound understanding of data warehouse concepts and experience working with data warehouses and data marts.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of data and system integration concepts, such as bulk data transfer and real-time integrations.
- Ability to document complex business requirements and test scenarios, and design and develop custom interfaces using a broad set of programming and analytical skills.
- Ability to identify, diagnose, and troubleshoot problems related to technology.
- Ability to provide leadership and work effectively within a team made up of business users and technical analysts.
- Ability to generate and articulate new ideas and adapt effectively to new technologies.
- Ability to excel in working under pressure to meet deadlines and changing priorities.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in dealing with matters of a confidential nature.
- Strong technical documentation and planning skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Strong communication, interpersonal, project management, organization, and leadership skills.
- Please Note: Successful applicant(s) are subject to a satisfactory criminal record search and are required to maintain Security Clearance throughout their employment.
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
At BC Housing, we're committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We invite and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, People with Disabilities and Disabled People, persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you require accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact email@example.com.
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.
Apply Now: www.bchousing.org/careers
Have questions/issues about the application process? Please see our FAQ’s for some useful information.