Lift Operator – Earl Bales Ski & Snowboard Centre (Toronto, ON, CA)
City : Toronto
Category : Ski & Snowboard
Industry : Government
Employer : City of Toronto
Important: Do not apply to this job opportunity if you are a returning City of Toronto employee, instead please complete an online scheduling form.
Please note: The posting end date has been extended for this position. We are in the process of reviewing current applications. Any further applications will only be reviewed if required. However, we encourage you to apply for additional positions and/or in the next season's job posting.
The Community Recreation Branch is responsible for the delivery of high-quality, community-based recreation programs and services to the diverse neighbourhoods of Toronto. We provide a variety of programs that promote the social and physical development for people of all ages, with an emphasis on children and youth. The Community Recreation Branch strives to ensure Toronto residents have positive recreational experiences that enhance quality of life and contribute to lifelong active living.
|Job Category:||Ski & Snowboard|
|Job Type:||Temporary, Part-time|
|Number of Positions:||TBD|
|Work Location:||Earl Bales Ski & Snowboard Centre|
|Division:||Parks, Forestry & Recreation|
|Section:||PFR CR Community Recreation|
|Posting End Date:||10/16/2023|
- Supports the operation of ski lifts and ensures safe loading of users.
- Assists participants with use of lift (loading and unloading).
- Assists with hill set up and tear down.
- Interacts with participants, staff, spectators and community members.
- Ensures all users are riding with a valid lift ticket and snow passes.
- Take action to deal with incidents, problems and emergencies and comply with Divisional policies and procedures.
- Rotates positions as per schedule and operational manual guidelines.
- Performs cleaning duties and takes direction concerning lifts from maintenance staff.
- Attends and participates in meetings and training sessions.
- Trained on the proper use of the lifts. Ability to operate lifts.
- Must produce original current Emergency First Aid and Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation certifications as recognized by the WSIB.
- You possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). This is a mandatory course that will be provided to you at no cost upon obtaining a conditional offer of employment. You will be provided with course dates and details at that time.
Note: All City of Toronto employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire in accordance with the City's Mandatory Vaccination Policy.
Accommodation: If you are an individual who requires accommodation, due to disability under the Ontario Human Rights Code, to apply for this position, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the Requisition ID and the job title. The City is committed to providing Code-protected accommodation throughout its hiring process. Please visit Hiring Policies and Statements for further details.
Vulnerable Sector Check: One of the requirements for working with children and vulnerable adults is applicants providing the results of a Vulnerable Sector Check. For Recreation Worker positions, we are only able to consider candidates who obtain a Vulnerable Sector Check. Once an applicant is given a conditional offer of employment, we will obtain a Vulnerable Sector Check for applicants who reside within the City of Toronto. Applicants who reside outside of the City of Toronto will need to obtain a Vulnerable Sector Check from their local Police Service. For further information on the vulnerable sector screening, please contact your local Police Service.