City : 7333 Mississauga Road North
Category : Other
Industry : Healthcare
Employer : GSK
Posted Date: Feb 8 2024
GSK is seeking a highly skilled and self-motivated Legal Counsel to provide comprehensive legal services to our Canadian business operations. This role is pivotal in navigatingcomplex landscape, offering both legal and strategic business guidance across a variety of areas including pharmaceutical issues, regulatory compliance, product reimbursement, corporate matters, clinical research, intellectual property, artificial intelligence, privacy
· Deliver Strategic Llegal counseling in alignment with GSK's business objectives, applying a thorough understanding of legal principles, industry guidance and policies.
· Proactively identify potential risks and possible risk mitigation options, offering practical, risk-based, solution-oriented advice.
· Interpret and advise on the legal implications of internal policies and external regulatory requirements, ensuring GSK's adherence to all applicable laws.
· Collaborate with cross-functional teams, providing clear and actionable legal guidance to support GSK's strategic initiatives.
· Lead or contribute to special projects, driving the development and integration of best legal practices within the organization. Maintaining a strong partnership with the Global Commercial Legal Team, ensuring that Canadian legal strategies benefit from and contribute to GSK’s international legal expertise.
· JD, LLB or equivalent law degree; must be a member in good standing of the Law Society of Ontario.
· Experience practicing law in a corporate or law firm setting, with a strong preference for experience in the pharmaceutical sector.
· Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects and communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels.
· Independent work style, with the capability to lead and collaborate in a team environment.
· Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills, with a track record of developing pragmatic and innovative legal solutions.
· Experience advising on pharmaceutical law, including prescription and non-prescription drugs drugs and vaccines..
· Familiarity with digital marketing strategies and the legal considerations of online platforms.
· Proficiency in French is considered a strong asset.
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose – to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together – so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns – as an organization where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to positively impact the health of 2.5 billion people by the end of 2030.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it’s also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a workplace where everyone can feel a sense of belonging and thrive as set out in our Equal and Inclusive Treatment of Employees policy. We’re committed to being more proactive at all levels so that our workforce reflects the communities we work and hire in, and our GSK leadership reflects our GSK workforce.
GSK is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals to apply to our career opportunities. GSK is committed to accommodating persons with disabilities. If you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies, please contact us at email@example.com. Please do not send resumes to this e-mail and instead apply through the online application process of this posting.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.