Lead Data Engineer
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H1H1
Category : Computer Software Engineer, Applications
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 174721
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Enterprise Risk Management systems(ERMS) team provides development and support services to Global Risk Management (GRM) in delivering regulatory and non-regulatory solutions utilizing both Agile and Waterfall approaches. This position is related Retail Risk application which is used to calculate the Expected Credit Losses (ECL)
The Enterprise Risk Management systems(ERMS) is seeking an experienced Lead Engineer who specializes in several development stages of SDLC. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Development, the incumbent is responsible for acting as the liaison between Development team and Operations team in Risk Management Systems & Services (RMSS) department.
The successful candidate would be responsible for several phases of the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC), including feasibility studies, research, analysis, development, and testing for new systems or enhancements to existing medium to large initiatives.
The incumbent must work under tight deadlines, conflicting priorities and changing project requirements. The incumbent must be able to react quickly to resolve problems and work overtime on occasion to meet deadlines and to implement systems with minimal impact to the end users
To join our team, the individual must be proactive and dynamic, demonstrate initiative, have an eagerness to learn, be adaptable to a high-paced environment, and thrive on challenge
Some of the key accountabilities include:
• Hands on technical working experience programming using Tools:
• - ETL tools: Python, Spark
• - Exposure to working on cloud platforms like Azure/GCP/AWS
• - Database Systems: Hive/Hadoop, Cloud native storage
• - CI/CD pipelines: GitHyb, Bitbucket, Artifactory etc.
• - JIRA, Confluence, Sharepoint
• - Microsoft Suite: Excel, Powerpoint, Access, Visio, Word.
• Passion for driving teams towards high performance and a deep pride in quality craftsmanship that delights users.
• Writing and maintaining related documentation.
• Investigating, analyzing, and resolving system problems
What You Will Bring to Succeed
• Bachelor (equivalent or higher) degree in Computer Science.
• Experience designing and implementing cloud-based applications, awareness of main public cloud offerings (Microsoft Azure, AWS, GCE).
• Experience working with scripting languages (Bash, PowerShell).
• Experience working in Agile environment
• Financial and Credit Risk / Loss experience
• We are technology partners who help the business transform how our employees around the world work
• We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
• You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
• We foster an environment of innovation and continuous learning
• We care about our people, allowing them to design how they work to deliver amazing results
• We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), and generous vacation
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Is this Role not the Exact fit?
Sign up to stay in touch; we’ll let you know when we have new positions on the team.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.