Lead Business Analyst
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Strategy | Project & Program Management
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
The Lead Business Analyst (BA) responsibilities will include leading medium to large size project initiative and able to provide high level key deliverable plan and detail break down of major tasks; providing guidance and leadership through the all project phases; ability to handle pressure with multiple priorities; understanding the liquidity measure for various products; mapping source data to internal liquidity risk reporting (e.g. Net Cash Flow Report, etc.) and regulatory liquidity reporting for various regions (e.g. LCR, NSFR, NCCF and H4 for Canada, 2052a for US, LCR for EBA, etc.); and supporting product related items.
What will you do?
- Understanding the overall data flow for the project and able to communicate to different audiences (developer, BA, QA, PM and users)
- Understanding various product attributes from upstream
- Performing data gap analysis, systems, processes and procedures as required for the project.
- Creating reporting mapping logic or requirement document
- Communicating requirement to development and QA, performing testing, coordinating UAT testing and assisting production implementation
- Contributing to the process re-engineering and process improvement where applicable.
- Supporting user’s training and documentation as needed.
- Ability to take initiative, result oriented and work independently with multiple priorities.
- Reporting the BA team working status and raise concerns or issues that may hinder the project progress as planned to management and PMs
- 5 – 10 years’ work experience in middle to large size systems implementation, system integration, and/or systems re-engineering projects with a banking organization or finance related consulting company.
- Undergraduate degree or higher, preferable in Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering or Finance
- Knowledge of SDLC lifecycle, Agile, others
- Experience in SQL
- Advance MSWord, MS Project, MS PowerPoint and MS Excel, Visio, MS Access
- Experience in Liquidity Risk reporting
- Experience in data sourcing and mappings to cover major Capital Market and Retail financial instruments for both on and off –balance sheet.
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.