Junior Environmental Planner
City : MARKHAM
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Junior Environmental Planner - ( 230002FB )
We create the connections that get people and goods moving—whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
As an Environmental Planner within our Transportation business line, you will work with multi-disciplinary teams on a variety of projects and provide support to our dynamic team of Environmental Planners to gain relevant work experience, help expand your skillset and build your career. You will assist in developing environmental documentation and reports, performing research and environmental analyses for infrastructure planning and design projects, preparing and coordinating public, agency and Indigenous engagement materials and maintaining consultation records.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Assist in identifying environmental issues and providing overall support to environmental and engineering staff
- Maintain effective communications and liaise with regulatory agencies and stakeholders to collect information and help to identify and respond to or address issues
- Interact with Indigenous communities, clients, regulatory agencies, the public and other stakeholders
- Assist in preparing and coordinating public, regulatory agency and Indigenous community consultation programs and maintaining thorough correspondence records
- Help to ensure that environmental and consultation processes are followed and documented in accordance with applicable environmental legislation
- Support the preparation of environmental documentation and/or reports, meeting materials, meeting minutes and presentations within short timelines, as required
- Attend virtual and/or in person public meetings and record and document all activities
- Participate in team and independent based work
- Follow quality assurance/quality control, and health and safety requirements
- Travel as required (10%) for site visits, client meetings and public consultation events
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Work independently, multi-task and adapt to change in a very dynamic environment
- Strong communication, report writing, organization and interpersonal skills
- Ability to participate as a dynamic team member and take a proactive approach to assignments
- Demonstrate commitment and interest in Environmental Assessment planning
- Proficient in Microsoft (MS) Office Suite
Education and Experience
Progressing towards a degree in environmental studies, planning, geography or a related field with a minimum of 2 years of related coursework
Valid driver’s license
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Markham
Organization : BC-1605 Transpt-CA Ontario East
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Entry Level
Travel : Yes, 20 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jun 8, 2023, 1:47:10 PM
Req ID: 230002FB
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans