City : Saskatoon
Category : Other
Industry : Food/Packaging
Employer : Maple Leaf Foods
The Opportunity:Electricians in this unit group lay out, assemble, install, test, troubleshoot and repair electrical wiring, fixtures, control devices and related equipment in buildings and other structures.
Snapshot of a Day-in-the-Life:
- Read and interpret drawings, circuit diagrams and electrical code specifications to determine wiring layouts for new or existing installations
- Install, replace and repair electrical control and distribution equipment, such as switches, relays and circuit breaker panels
- Troubleshoot and isolate faults in electrical and electronic systems and remove and replace faulty components
- Connect electrical power to audio and visual communication equipment, signaling devices and heating and cooling systems
- Conduct preventive maintenance programs and keep records
- Typical facilities as load centers, power panels, generators, transformers, heaters, CNC
What You’ll Bring:
- Journeyman Electrician certificate required
- A minimum of 3 years of trade related experience, food experience would be considered a plus
- Exposure to GMP, HACCP, OH&S and environmental procedures pertaining to a food manufacturing facility
- Highly motivated – able to work well in a team and alone with minimal supervision
- Sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Basic computer ability coupled with strong communication skills
What We Offer at Maple Leaf Foods:
- Annual tool allowance
- Weekend shift premium
- Reimbursement for license renewal
- Eligible for company paid health and dental benefits after 950 hours of employment (including medical, dental, life insurance, and disability)
- Company pension plan
- Bi-weekly pay
- Opportunity for over-time
- Employee Staff Sales Program
- Employee Referral Program
About Us:We’re a carbon neutral food company on a purposeful journey to Raise the Good in Food through better nutrition, safer food and workplaces, more humane animal care, and environmental sustainability efforts that protect our planet. We care about our communities and commit to reducing food insecurity in Canada. Join us on the journey. Let’s build a better future, together.
We’re passionate about food. For more than 100 years, we’ve made delicious, healthy protein that Canadians love under iconic national and regional brands, like Maple Leaf®, Schneiders®, and Greenfield Natural Meat Co.® We’re on a journey to become the most sustainable protein company – not just in Canada – but on earth.
- We are carbon neutral.
- We are one of the only food companies in Canada to set science-based targets.
- We aim to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025.
A diverse and inclusive work environmentChampioning diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision and living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values. We believe in building, investing in, recognizing, and rewarding remarkable people who value an inclusive workplace, embrace all forms of diversity, and commit to including every voice in our collaborative environment. We’re so much stronger when we know we’re accepted and valued for who we are and what we each bring to the workplace.
We embrace a strong, values-based cultureOur eight Leadership Values are our north star. They guide the decisions we make for all our stakeholders: our consumers, our customers, our people, our communities, our shareholders, and the environment.
- Doing What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our employees. As part of this commitment, we have adopted a number of COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all employees to be fully vaccinated by March 31, 2022 and to show proof of vaccination. In keeping with this policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination by March 31, 2022 (or prior to their first day of work if the start date is after March 31, 2022). We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.