City : Kitimat, British Columbia
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us achieve our goals.
In this role you will be situated full time in Kitimat, BC supporting our LNGC project.
You will be fully supported as you continue to build your skills, support a schedule driven project where the emphasis will be on people, client interface, development and management.
• Read blueprints and specifications to lay out work
• Unloading and stacking steel units so each piece can be hoisted as needed
• Erecting and installing scaffolding, construction cranes, derricks and other hoisting equipment
• Assembling rigging (cables, pulleys, hooks) to move heavy equipment and materials
• Attaching cables from a crane or derrick and direct crane operators with hand signals or radios
• Position steel units, align holes and insert fastening systems
• Check the alignments and join steel parts by bolting or welding them with an electric arc process
• Assemble and erect pre-fabricated metal structures
• Install ornamental and other structural metalwork such as curtain walls, metal stairways, railings and power doors
• Unload and install pre-cast components