Invigilator – Casual Part Time/On Call
City : Hamilton
Category : Full-Time Support
Industry : Education
Employer : Mohawk College
Status: Casual Part Time/On Call
Hours: Up to 24 hours/week
Pay Rate: $16.00/hour
Posting Date: September 13th, 2021
Closing Date: September 17th, 2021 at 7:00pm EST
Under the direction of the Manager, Testing Centres, as a professional staff member, the Invigilator oversees the organization and management of the testing. They are also responsible for proctoring and administering tests to groups, learners, applicants and students while maintaining a quiet atmosphere for testing. The Invigilator is also responsible for following Mohawk Testing Centre’s testing protocol as required by faculty or staff.
This position works with students, faculty and staff on a regular basis and requires the incumbent to use tact and diplomacy in carrying out his or her day-to-day activities. The duties associated with this position will involve considerable exposure to confidential records and student information. Specific responsibilities include:
- Maintaining an ongoing knowledge of tests administered to ensure efficiencies in testing processes;
- Ensure the fair and proper conduct in the testing environment that enables a student to perform at their best;
- Proctoring assessments and tests to ensure academic honesty;
- Maintain a quiet and secure atmosphere for testing;
- Maintain confidentiality and security of all test materials and other test documents;
- Troubleshooting various minor technical problems that occur with software programs and computers in the Testing Centre;
- Reading testing material or scribing answers for students that require this function as apart of their testing accommodation;
- Office duties such as preparing paperwork, setting up computers, maintaining testing area;
- Is punctual for duty and reliable;
- Performs other duties and tasks as required.
The successful applicant must:
- Have a secondary school diploma, or equivalent and more than one year and up to three years of practical experience in a related area.
- Possess excellent interpersonal, oral and written communications skills; be self-directed; have the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Have a positive and friendly attitude and project self-confidence.
- Be able to work in a team environment with others.
- Maintain attention to detail, organized work environment and show respect and sensitivity.
- Knowledge of standard office practices and procedure, and standardized testing tools.
- Demonstrate his or her understanding and ability to adhere to the College policies, procedures and/or associated legislation related to privacy and confidentiality of information.
- Flexibility in scheduling is required (evening and weekend work is required).
- Be available to work at any of the three Mohawk College campuses (Fennell, Stoney Creek and McMaster) therefore, applicant must have access to a vehicle and a valid driver’s license.
- Demonstrate commitment and understanding of human rights, equity, diversity and inclusion with the ability to communicate and work effectively inter-culturally with diverse groups of students, employees and the community.
Mohawk College is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If you are contacted regarding an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources (905) 575 - 2047 if you require an accommodation.
Mohawk College is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from racialized persons/persons of colour, women, Indigenous/Aboriginal People of North America, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.