City : VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Canada
Category : Customer Service | Client Advice | Sales
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
What is the opportunity?
RBC Dominion Securities is a relationship-focused investment and wealth management firm that consistently ranks #1 in Canada. We are proud of our collaborative, supportive culture that enables success at every level and equips us to help our clients achieve their financial goals.
The RBC Dominion Securities branch located in Vancouver Royal Centre is looking for an analytical, technical and resourceful team player to join a leading discretionary team as an Investment Associate who will provide exceptional client service, trading and administrative and technical support. The ideal candidate will have at least 1-2 year of experience with RBC Dominion Securities and licensed as an Investment Representative (IR).
By providing ongoing, exceptional service and support to our clients and our Advisor team, you will help our team deepen existing relationships and welcome new clients to the firm. As an invaluable internal and external point of contact, you will play a key role in working with a Portfolio Manager in managing client portfolios, analysis and administrative support.
What will you do?
- Update and maintain customized client Income Reporting spreadsheets.
- Work with PM review/analysis of portfolios
- Bulk trading and allocation
- ClientLink Portfolio Modelling
- Tax reporting and analysis
- Follow up on client trades to ensure proper settlement and delivery
- Support the team and clients when needed with administrative help
What do you need to succeed?
- Knowledge of RBC Dominion Securities’ systems and procedures
- Canadian Securities Course (CSC) and Conduct and Practices Handbook Course (CPH)
- Show initiative, be a team player and be proactive
- Exceptional Excel skills, strong skills working with business applications and technology
- High quality time management and organization skills
- Demonstrated skills in providing world-class client service that will come across as professional, warm, and friendly to our clients
- Exceptional English verbal and written communication skills
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program which include competitive compensation and flexible benefits
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to building close relationships with clients
The expected salary range for the above position is $37,500 - $45,000 depending on factors including but not limited to the candidate’s experience, skills, registration status; market conditions; and business needs.
This position may be eligible to receive a discretionary/variable incentive payment.
RBC’s compensation philosophy and principles recognize the importance of a highly qualified global workforce and plays a critical role in attracting, engaging and retaining talent that:
- Drives RBC’s high-performance culture
- Enables collective achievement of our strategic goals
- Generates sustainable shareholder returns and above market shareholder value
Job SkillsAccount Management, Customer Success, Decision Making, Financial Regulation, Interpersonal Relationships, Investment Risk Management, Problem Solving
Additional Job Details
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at jobs.rbc.com.