Intermediate Water Resources Engineer
City : MARKHAM
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Intermediate Water Resources Engineer - ( 240000JH )
At Stantec we specialize in the environment. Our Environmental Services Group is a significant part of Stantec’s success and employs over 2,100 staff across North America. Our dedicated group of professionals provide a wide variety of environmental services and are recognized as leaders in the industry. Specific services include: hydrology, hydrogeology, fisheries & wildlife biology, wetland science, botany, habitat & ecosystem restoration and soil science. Our clients come from a broad spectrum of industries and we work with them to identify and respond to environmental opportunities and threats, working together with the public, stakeholder groups and governmental regulators.
We have an immediate opening for an Intermediate /Senior Water Resources Engineer or Hydrologist to join our team in our Markham office. As an Intermediate/Senior Hydrologist, you would manage water resources projects and water resources components of larger projects and would work with other experts in the fields of permitting and regulatory compliance, geochemistry, hydrogeology, water, environmental management, and other disciplines on a variety of complex projects.
Our people are at the core of everything we do. Driven by a culture of inclusion, we offer dozens of employee resource groups, growth opportunities, and flexible work arrangements. We understand that the tools for success look different for everyone, and we’re committed to providing each employee with the support and flexibility they need to thrive.
Stantec supports your career growth with:
- Flexible hybrid remote or in-office work arrangements.
- Excellent and comprehensive benefits for healthcare and dental.
- Wellness plans to support mental, physical, social and financial well-being
- Registered retirement savings plan and employee stock purchase plan, both with employer contributions.
- Formalized career planning and development process.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Undertaking detailed studies, modeling and design tasks associated with surface water resources, including the preparation of floodplain delineation/management analyses, water quality/quantity monitoring studies, erosion control studies, channel restoration, stormwater management and drainage design for industrial and mining projects, hydrologic and hydraulic modelling, ISW ECA applications.
- Manage projects, mentor and guide water resources staff in a dynamic team setting.
- Coordinating with other project managers, design engineers, technical staff and/or multidisciplinary team members to ensure that project needs are met in a timely and effective manner.
- Preparing proposals for new projects and assisting with business development initiatives.
- Managing project budgets, staff allocation and preparing and reviewing invoices prior to issuance.
- Meeting with agency and municipal officials with respect to project-specific water resources issues.
- Responsible for preparing/overseeing technical reports and design briefs to document analyses. Taking responsibility for quality of project deliverables.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Ability to meet a strong demand for high-quality, organized and consistent results.
- Confident individual who demonstrates strong initiative and is capable of independent action with the ability to make informed decisions.
- Excellent team-building and management capabilities, solid oral and written communication skills are desired.
- Recognized for your high level of technical skills and practical ability to solve problems in various settings.
- Familiarity with local practice and markets is considered an asset.
- A valid G driver’s license is required.
Education and Experience
- Graduate degree from an Engineering or Science program, with an emphasis on water resources and hydrology.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant working experience in consulting or regulatory environment, regularly using and analyzing water quality and quantity data.
- Existing professional registration such as P.Eng. or P.Geo.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Markham
Organization : BC-1609 EnvSvcs-CA Ontario West
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Feb 5, 2024, 8:13:40 AM
Req ID: 240000JH
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans