Intermediate Structural Designer
City : Calgary, Alberta
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
Join a global leader. Propel the Energy Transition. Design and build the world’s toughest projects. Transform the future, today.
Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and is recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost-effective technology-based solutions is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us fulfill our purpose to Build a Better World.
Fluor team members are at the heart of our success in executing projects safely, thoughtfully, and with the highest quality. We aim to foster an inclusive culture that prioritizes diversity and inclusion that allows employees to bring their best, most authentic selves to work. If you value teamwork, empowerment in your career, and are eager to champion innovative and sustainable solutions to our clients, this opportunity just may be for you!
As an Intermediate Structural Designer you will:
• Develop 3D Model for piling, concrete and steel elements using company standards and procedures.
• Prepare 2D Computer Aided Design (CAD) drawings of moderate to advanced complexity.
• Work closely and openly with, Leads, Design Checkers, Engineers and other disciplines in a team environment.
• Check work done by other Designers when required.
• Review drawings and vendor equipment documentation from other disciplines for compliance with project requirements, and actively seek discrepancy resolution.
• Adhere to industry codes and standards as well as department practices and procedures.
• Perform bulk material take-off analysis and tabulations.
• Assist Design Supervisor and perform other duties as required.