Intermediate/Senior Wildlife Biologist
City : Lethbridge
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Intermediate/Senior Wildlife Biologist - ( 22000091 )
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigour, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We’re a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that’s critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
As a talented and ambitious Intermediate/Senior Wildlife Biologist in our Alberta office, you will be advising a multi-disciplinary technical team on environmental regulations across a variety of sectors, and providing mentorship for planning, data collection & analysis, and technical reporting. You will also work directly with clients and project management throughout the life of development projects.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Advising team members and clients on the application of environmental regulations, guidelines, and beneficial management practices across a variety of sectors
- Performing in a client-facing role providing guidance, solutions-focused counsel, and post-filing support as required
- Understanding and communicating existing and emerging wildlife regulations pertinent to our business
- Writing and reviewing a variety of technical reports and environmental assessments in Alberta (and elsewhere in Canada)
- Championing innovation and technology in the changing world of biophysical services
- Coaching and mentoring junior staff
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Professional designation (e.g., P. Biol. or RPBio)
- Experience scoping and developing budgets for small and large projects related to wildlife surveys and assessments
- Thorough understanding of relevant provincial and federal regulations and guidelines related to wildlife in western Canada including Alberta and/or British Columbia with a proven track record in their application
- Experienced technical writer with strong data analysis skills , as well as an constructive report reviewer. Experience using R statistical software is considered an asset.
- Outstanding collaborator, committed to leveraging feedback into professional growth and improvement
- Established working relationships with regulators, and demonstrated experience with building client relations and developing business opportunities
- Demonstrated time-management skills and ability to deliver high-quality work products in a schedule-driven environment
Education and Experience
B.Sc., or M.Sc. in wildlife biology or related field.5 years of professional consulting experience completing and managing wildlife surveys, habitat assessments as well as mitigation and monitoring programs demonstrating progressive responsibility.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time with opportunity for field work. Ability to lift and move items and equipment up to 50 lbs.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Calgary
Other Locations : Canada-Alberta-Lethbridge, Canada-Alberta-Red Deer, Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Job : Biologist
Organization : BC-1235 Environmental Services-CA Alberta
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 50 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Mar 18, 2022, 8:08:32 PM
Req ID: 22000091
Vaccine Policy: Stantec requires some positions in North America to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 subject to reasonable accommodation to the extent required by law because of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief.
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans