Intermediate Project Controller
City : CALGARY
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Intermediate Project Controller - ( 2400003N )
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We are a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that’s critical to our clients and the communities we support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
The successful performance of a project depends on appropriate planning and execution. Project controls is responsible for project metrics such as time, cost, and resources as well as project revenue and cash flow. This position encompasses the people, processes and tools used to plan, manage and mitigate cost and schedule issues and risks that may impact a project.
There is an opportunity in one of our Canadian offices for a highly motivated Project Controller. We seek an individual with demonstrated experience in project controls and/or coordination related work including knowledge of project management processes and project life cycles. The successful candidate will possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, is detail-oriented, has excellent computer software skills and enjoys working in a supportive team environment.
Your Key Responsibilities
As a Project Controller, you must be flexible, supportive, proactive, and attentive to detail as well as have the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and interruptions in order to meet deadlines with shifting priorities. You will be able to analyze information and provide timely standard and customized cost control reports. The successful candidate will be working with a senior project controller that will provide mentorship and support.
As the successful candidate you will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Setup and maintain cost controls from project initiation to close out.
- Routinely provide standardized, accurate cost reports for project managers.
- Analyze, evaluate and forecast based on progress and performance.
- Track cost performance against baselines and update baselines accordingly.
- Understanding of integration between cost and schedule.
- Knowledge and use of earned value principles, including but not limited to CPI, SPI, EAC and variance.
- Contribute to proposal development to ensure contractual compliance and operation needs are met.
- Review and code 3rd party invoices for processing.
- Understanding the project life cycle and implementing project controls processes and procedures as required.
- Monitor project budgets and facilitate change management processes as required.
- Understand and provide support to develop Work Breakdown Structures for project execution and monitoring.
- Validate source data and ensure integrity of processes affecting project success such as project coding, budget allocation, A/R & A/P project related activity.
- Manage invoicing while ensuring compliance to project contractual terms and conditions.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with Project Managers.
- Perform financial reconciliations.
- Administrate the use of Oracle Financial systems (or similar) and in-house project management software (IPS) in the areas such as budget/cost control and reporting.
- Perform thorough QA/QC on all deliverables.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
As the successful candidate you will possess and demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to work under pressure, to prioritize, to multi-task and manage client expectations.
- A relationship focused person that carries themselves with confidence; ability to be assertive.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient user in MS Excel and MS Word.
- Experience with P6 would be considered and asset.
Education and Experience
- Five years of related work experience.
- Degree or diploma in business, economics, engineering, or relevant area of study.
Stantec is proud to offer a hybrid work environment and the opportunity to work in one of our Canadian offices, and from your home office may be considered.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Calgary
Organization : BC-1559 EnvSvcs-CA Project Support
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jan 10, 2024, 12:04:00 PM
Req ID: 2400003N
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans