Intermediate Mechanical Engineer
City : WATERLOO
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Intermediate Mechanical Engineer - ( 230001CV )
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn’t have to be true? What if our built environment — where we live, learn, play, and conduct business — carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future—join us!
Our Waterloo office is currently seeking an Intermediate Mechanical Engineer with Industrial Buildings design experience for design of mechanical systems involving a variety of government, commercial, and industrial facilities. We are looking for someone with strong technical and engineering design skills in HVAC, plumbing, process, fire protection, and energy analysis, to lead mechanical designs on projects of all sizes, as well as work as a team member on larger multidiscipline projects. Must have strong verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills and be a strong team player in a multi-disciplinary environment.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Complete building mechanical system designs including calculations, equipment selection and sizing, control strategies, ductwork and piping system design, plumbing / fire protection etc.
- Development of construction bid documents including drawings and technical specifications
- Participation in the construction administration process including: resolving field problems occurring during construction, site visits, review of shop drawings and final punch lists
- Coordinate with clients, architects, and other engineering disciplines
- Work independently to perform field investigations of existing conditions of facilities
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Required Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Suite, HVAC load calculation software (HAP), AutoCAD
- REVIT experience advantageous
- Working knowledge of Provincial and National building and energy codes
- Experience in all stages of industrial buildings mechanical design i.e. Concept through to Detailed Design, that includes HVAC, plumbing, fire protection, P&ID, etc.
- Good written and verbal communication skills with a decisive and collaborative mindset
- Extensive experience in dealing one-on-one with clients and successfully meeting project deliverables in a timely manner
- Experience in the preparation of project proposals
- Candidate must have experience maintaining a project budget, scheduling a project and meeting project goals
- Position requires local travel, occasional domestic travel, and visits to client/construction sites
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Engineering Technology
Minimum 5-10 years of professional design experience in Industrial Building/Commercial Mechanical systems
P.Eng. or CET registered or eligible
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best. #DesignYourPlace
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Waterloo
Organization : BC-1615 Buildings-CA Ontario West
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Mar 23, 2023, 12:04:55 PM
Req ID: 230001CV
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans