Intermediate Electrical Engineer
City : EDMONTON
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Intermediate Electrical Engineer - ( 2400005O )
Stantec Buildings is on a mission to become the world’s leading integrated design practice. Our architects, engineers, interior designers, sustainability specialists, and technologists are passionate about the power of design. We take an innovative, collaborative approach to projects, sharing a common belief that sustainable design for the built environment can make the world a better place for future generations. Join us and design your place with Stantec.
Your role as an intermediate contributor on our electrical consulting team is to work in a collaborative atmosphere on large, medium and small projects focused on buildings from highly complex designs to problem solving and studies while mentoring and developing the strength of our team members. Using your specialized knowledge of electrical and communication systems, means and methods, materials, and industry standards you will lead projects through all project phases championing technical excellence, client relationships, budgets, and schedules while collaborating with and mentoring team members to contribute to the final deliverables. Your efforts will be applied across various sectors including health care, educational, commercial, institutional, recreational, and light industrial. You will participate in the development of integrated proposals working closely with other stakeholders and disciplines to expand our position in the market.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for participating or leading projects of various size and complexity
- Evaluate, select, and design all electrical systems or products for buildings and light industrial projects.
- Engage in the development of a design through sketches, electronic models, diagrams, and other visual formats.
- Utilize BIM technologies in the development of three-dimensional models of building’s electrical systems providing markups for junior team members.
- Prepare and revise documentation in various electrical phases including site lighting, power, communication and system plans.
- Lead project coordination meetings with internal team members and/or external consultants, owner and contractor, subcontractors, and vendors.
- Participate in client project requirement meetings, value analysis or value engineering and basic cost estimating.
- Lead the preparation and coordination of the project specifications with construction documents.
- Conduct quality assurance and quality control on own projects and projects of peers.
- Assist in the development of new standards and specifications for the electrical group.
- Oversee and manage multiple projects.
- Strong Project Management skills including:
- Develop project scope, budgets, and design approach for all sizes of projects.
- Manage project scope, budgets, and team executables on a regular frequency.
- Be responsible for close out of projects, working with internal and external teams along with contractors.
- Preparation of lesson learned and look to disseminate knowledge to extended teams.
- Leading or assisting with the development of proposals.
- Meet and develop relationships with clients
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Registered as a Professional Engineer, registration in Alberta preferred.
- Requisite knowledge and application of Canadian Electrical Code, applicable building codes, energy codes and adopted standards
- General understanding of all phases of project document production and the relationship between drawings and specifications.
- Bring a strong knowledge of electrical systems, means and methods, contract types, materials, and industry standards.
- Be comfortable developing new client relationships and tracking future projects
- Proven track record of maintaining existing client relationships
- Ability to check the work of others for accuracy and completeness and manage time to meet project budget and schedule.
- Ability to participate and collaborate in a project team setting and to engage in creative and critical thought.
- Thorough understanding of electrical engineering concepts and ability to effectively communicate ideas to others.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills.
- Presentation and interview skills are preferred.
- Requires understanding of Microsoft Office Suite, Revit and AutoCAD.
- A good knowledge of ETAP is considered an asset.
- LEED Green Associate or LEED AP is considered an asset.
- Requires understanding of Microsoft Office Suite, Revit, AutoCAD.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Engineering & Registered Professional Engineer with APEGA in good standing is preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best. #DesignYourPlace
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Work Locations :
Organization : BC-1153 Buildings-CA Alberta
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jan 12, 2024, 3:06:25 PM
Req ID: 2400005O
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans