Intermediate Electrical Engineer
City : Calgary, Alberta
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and is recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost-effective technology-based solutions is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us fulfill our purpose to Build a Better World.
We are currently seeking an Intermediate Engineer/Specialist to join our Electrical team. The electrical group is a dynamic team in which engineering, design, and leadership skills are combined to effectively support our clients. This position has excellent growth potential and will provide the successful individual the opportunity to be part of the strategic direction of the office.
Join us and let's make a real difference together.
• Perform and check electrical calculations such as short circuit, relay coordination, voltage drop, cable derating and cable pulling tension and design using both computer-aided (ETAP/SKM) and manual design techniques
• Prepare electrical equipment specifications, data sheets and technical bid evaluations for equipment such as power transformers, medium and low voltage switchgear, medium voltage starters, motor control centres, variable frequency drives, large synchronous and induction motors, electrowinning rectifiers and power factor correction capacitors
• Check and review vendor data and drawings from other disciplines
• Provide assistance to the Lead Engineer in the areas of schedule, estimate, material forecasting, progress reporting, meetings, and procurement activities
• Perform self-check of completed work and provide guidance to less experienced engineers
• Work with project/client/field, procurement, permit, and subcontract activities