Intermediate CAD Technologist
City : Winnipeg, MB
Category : T&I - Highways, Bridges & Roads
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
WSP is currently seeking an Intermediate CAD Technologist to join our Highways and Roads, Transportation Engineering team based out of our Winnipeg office. Reporting to the Manager, this position will be responsible for designing a variety of Transportation Engineering projects including design of highway, roadways, and pedestrian facilities and design guidance to other team members as well as a wide range of project requirements.
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- Our Hybrid Work Policy - a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
- Technical analysis and design;
- Report preparation; cost estimating;
- Preparation and review of drawings;
- Liaison with all discipline members, sub-consultants, clients, and agencies;
- Conceptual preliminary and detailed design drawings;
- Provide training and guidance to junior staff; and
- Other duties as assigned.
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- Engineering Technology graduate;
- 5 years of experience in urban and rural transportation projects (e.g. roads/highways interchanges, transit, cyclist ,etc);
- Ability to interpret construction drawings and specs;
- Competence in Microsoft platforms including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project;
- Competence in AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal, including teamwork and interpersonal abilities;
- Comfortable in working independently in both an office and field environment; and
- Valid driver’s license.