Instrumentation and Control Systems Engineering Lead – Mining & Metal
City : Vancouver, British Columbia
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
The Instrumentation and Control Systems group is a dynamic team in which engineering, design, and leadership skills are combined to effectively support our clients. In addition to a solid education focusing on engineering, a strong set of personal competencies is a prerequisite for success. Being a team player and having an ability to interact effectively with client organizations, other disciplines, vendors, and contractors in our taskforce is essential.
The Instrumentation and Control Systems Engineering Lead is responsible for instrumentation and control systems engineering and design development of projects in the mineral processing industry. The engineer will act as a project lead engineer and will be responsible for the project’s discipline engineers and designers.
Day to day responsibilities include:
• Lead engineer or area lead engineer for feasibility studies and EPCM mineral processing projects of significant scale
• Instrumentation and control systems engineering execution including supervision, planning, organization, and interfacing of vendor systems and equipment
• Engineering design and deliverables for project phases including conceptual design, prefeasibility, feasibility, front-end design engineering and detailed engineering
• Development of P&ID’s, instrument index, datasheets and specifications, block layout diagrams, cable schedules, panel layouts, instrument location details, loop and wiring diagrams, installation details, control interfacing of electrical MCC’s, inter-discipline reviews, vendor package interfacing, plant control system design, and communications infrastructure
• Instrument and control systems specifications in accordance with client requirements and project design requirements
• Procurement packages and technical evaluations
• Construction installation scopes of work
• Participation in HAZOP reviews
• Participation in factory acceptance testing (FAT) and site acceptance testing (SAT)
• Site construction, engineering, and commissioning support
• Document redlining and turnover packages
• Preparation of schedules, estimates, and manpower forecasts
• Change management
• Communication and alignment with clients, vendors, and other disciplines.
• Supervision and mentoring of junior and intermediate level engineers and designers
• Promotion and support of value improvement initiatives and continuous performance improvement objectives