HSE Technical Specialist – Safety in Design
City : Vancouver, British Columbia
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
The selected candidate will:
• Ensure compliance of FEED/EPC Contracts regarding performance of loss prevention engineering activities and safety studies for projects with the objective of achieving safe design and operation of facilities as per Fluor/industry/statutory codes and requirements.
• Provide technical advice for the resolution of various project/engineering related issues and manage/advise and mentor other engineers regarding all aspects of HSE design.
• Be required to prepare HSE documentation; conduct studies to obtain technical information about planned projects, coordinate and execute safety case studies and support studies; facilitate and/or participate in Quantitative Risk Assessments (QRA); Process Hazard Analyses (PHA) including HAZOP & HAZID sessions; support Fire Protection Services by others, Hazardous Area Classification Designations, be familiar with ASME and similar relevant codes to review safety aspects of design; and provide HSE review and input during design model review sessions.
• Manage and implement Fluor’s HSE procedures on projects, as established by the Company in an office-based project environment through departmental training, Fluor University® training and the use of knowledge management portals and communities
• Initiate, foster and maintain HSE standards and goals through Company and/or project wide HSE programs to heighten awareness
• Provide guidance, assistance and advice to business lines, project management, and Company organizations through interpretation of Company HSE practices and procedures in relation to client requirements and current legislation and regulations
• Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines
• Organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner, set priorities, and meet deadlines
• Prepare, maintain, retrieve, and communicate records, reports, or documents that may be required to meet corporate or regulatory requirements, including monitoring the application of HSE standards and goals to provide recommendations to HSE management when necessary to meet Company HSE standards and goals
• Continue education and knowledge of industry-wide HSE-related information and technologies as well as new regulations and trends through continuing education, conferences, and/or periodicals, and continues to develop in-depth specialization