HSE Programs Advisor
City : Kitimat, British Columbia
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and is recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost-effective technology-based solutions is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us fulfill our purpose to Build a Better World.
Fluor team members are at the heart of our success in executing projects safely, thoughtfully, and with the highest quality. We aim to foster an inclusive culture that prioritizes diversity and inclusion that allows employees to bring their best, most authentic selves to work. If you value teamwork, empowerment in your career, and are eager to champion innovative and sustainable solutions to our clients, this opportunity just may be for you!
The purpose of this position is to supervise Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) professionals to create and sustain a productive work culture and safe work environment in order to avoid and minimize HSE related problems. These problems include but are not limited to prevention of human injury, environmental degradation and unsafe working conditions/practices. This is done through health, safety and environmental training, programs, and processes with a visible and uncompromised commitment to the protection of the environment as well as the productivity of the Company’s employees.
• Supervise the implementation of HSE programs, including project site-based HSE orientation, recognition and awards programs, to all levels of project staff to promote a balance between productivity and the safety of project staff and visitors in accordance with applicable laws and regulations
• Supervise and train subordinates assigned to her/his area on HSE activities on Total Installed Cost (TIC) of medium to large-scale projects; duties may include preparation of certification/classification programs, the preparation of the supporting HSE documents and implementation of project specific HSE initiatives
• Apply regulatory requirements to provide guidance and recommendations to project management; participate in monitoring and controlling HSE standards, applicable laws and regulations; and design and review a project plan or schematic to confirm compliance with all governmental regulations and Company/client requirements
• Plan, conduct and document work requiring independent evaluation, selection, and adaptation/modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria:, in example, Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA), coordination and execution of Safety Cases (SC) and support studies, Quantitative Risk Assessments (QRA), Process Hazard Analyses (PHA), Fire Protection Specifications (FPS), Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA) and perform analysis of regulations against project needs so that design will comply with regulations
• Promote and foster Company HSE standards and goals with programs throughout the Company and/or project to confirm a safe and productive work environment
• Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines
• Adhere to and support Fluor's Health, Safety & Environmental and Sustainability Policies
• Other duties as assigned