Hourly Bartender – The Rec Room Roundhouse
City : Toronto
Category : Part-time Customer Service
Industry : Entertainment
Employer : Cineplex
Do you have a passion for new and exciting nationwide business ventures? Would you love to be part of a team that’s expanding from coast to coast in Canada? Do you want to play a crucial role in changing the landscape of entertainment in Canada? Now that I have your attention and have peaked your interest – let’s tell you a bit about this revolutionary new concept called The Rec Room.
The concept features a wide range of entertainment options: a large attractions area featuring state of the art simulation games, redemption gaming for prizes, and a variety of recreational games including luxury bowling, billiards, shuffleboard and ping pong. There is an auditorium-style venue offering live entertainment – musical acts, bands and comedians – and also features a theatre-sized, high definition screen for catching the game or watching a wide range of other entertainment programming. The Rec Room offers an upscale casual dining environment, featuring an open kitchen and a contemporary menu offering everyone’s favourites, as well as an “eatertainment-style” concept in the games area. A large centre bar area with adjacent stage includes impressive digital displays and serves as the gathering spot for watching the big game or other major events. The Rec Room integrates a cutting-edge interactive technology platform that enhances all aspects of the entertainment experience.
Cineplex Entertainment, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, is currently recruiting for the position of Bartender – Toronto Roundhouse, reporting to the General Manager. This position will be based at our Toronto Roundhouse location at 255 Bremner Blvd.
Toronto, ON M5V 3M9.
Bartenders prepares alcoholic drinks for patrons of restaurants, bars, cocktail lounges, and other places where drinks are served. The bartender's main job is to know the standard drink recipes and be able to mix them quickly and accurately. Guests may have their own preferences or recipes for the bartender to follow. Bartenders also check the identification of guests to ensure that they meet the minimum drinking age. Bartenders take drink orders, serve drinks, and collect money for drinks. The Bartender fills drink orders placed by waitresses for guests to be served. Bartenders arranges bottles and barware, washes glasses, and cleans the bar. The Bartenders also removes empty bottles and trash and replaces empty beer kegs. Bartenders stock the bar by bringing liquor bottles, mixed drink ingredients, and other bar supplies from the storeroom to the bar. Bartenders keep track of wines, beers, liquors, and other supplies, and ordering bar supplies.
- Mix ingredients to prepare cocktails and other drinks.
- Wash glassware and utensils after each use.
- Pour wine and beer.
- Collect payment and operate POS.
- Serve food to guests seated at the bar.
- Check identification of guests to make sure they meet age requirements for purchase of alcohol.
- Determine when a customer has had too much alcohol, stop serving and ensure a safe ride home is arranged.
- Clean up after guests and clean work area.
- Order and maintain liquor and bar supplies.
- Arrange bottles and glasses to make attractive displays.
- Serve guests in a friendly and helpful manner.
- Handle and move objects, such as glasses and bottles, using hands and arms.
- Monitor and maintain an inventory of supplies.
- Mix ingredients according to drink recipes.
- Perform physical activities such as lifting and stooping.
- Refusing service, arranging a taxi or even calling the police if necessary.
- Arrange bottles and glasses to make attractive display.
- Clean, Slice and pit fruit for garnishing drinks.
- Other duties as required.
- High-School Diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent.
- Completed Bartending classes preferred.
- Minimum 1-2 years Bartending.
- Current provincial Smart Serve Certification considered an asset.
- Knowledge of drink recipes.
- Ability to handle large crowds.
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Experience in all aspects of customer service and people management.
- Will be exposed to extreme temperatures.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Ability to lift 50lb required.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Overtime as required.
- High stress, fast paced environment.
Interested applicants, please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please
LANG: EN #CB