Heavy Duty Mechanic
City : Revelstoke, BC, CA, V0E 2S1
Category : Other
Industry : Transportation
Employer : Canadian Pacific
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Position Type: Union
- Location: Revelstoke, British Columbia
- Country: Canada
- % of Travel: 80-90%
- Compensation Rate: $37.02 per hour
***Qualifed Heavy Duty Mechanics are eligible for a $5,000 sign-on bonus*** The successful candidate will be based in Revelstoke, BC but travel across BC for work on a rotation.
Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts. CP provides North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP. For more on our purpose, culture, and strategy, visit cpr.ca/en/about-cp.
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance of all systems associated with Work Equipment (Mechanical, Electrical and Hydraulic);
- Make Inspections and tests. Repair or replace parts with limited resources in remote locations outdoors;
- Perform welding repairs;
- Investigate and locate equipment problems and take corrective action minimizing the impact on crew production;
- Plan work and co-ordinate it with others;
- Prepare and submit equipment maintenance records, time sheets etc;
- Obtain certification in CP safety rules;
- The work location is outdoors and, therefore, you will be working in all weather conditions (rain, direct sunlight, snow etc);
- Will be required to be away from home and will stay in with meal allowance provided.
- High School Diploma with additional post-secondary training in a heavy-duty mechanic/technician program or technical training in an automotive mechanic/technician program or equivalent work experience;
- A Journeyman's certificate as a Heavy-Duty Mechanic/Technician OR 2 or 3rd year apprentice
- An emphasis on safety is critical for all employees. This is a high risk environment - working around heavy moving equipment;
- Ability to carefully monitor gauges, instruments, or processes;
- Ability to take action in solving problems while exhibiting judgment;
- Ability to follow instructions;
- Written and verbal communications skills;
- Must be able to work as a member of a team;
- Ability to perform a wide variety of tasks and change focus quickly as demands change
- An emphasis on safety is critical for all employees. This is a high risk environment - working around heavy moving equipment.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
Operating safely is a core foundation of CP. Our commitment is to protect our people, customers, communities, in which we operate, the environment and our assets. We are also committed to a healthy and safe workplace. CP's Alcohol and Drug Policy and Procedures support these commitments. All new hires for a safety sensitive position will be required to complete a pre-employment medical that includes a physical, vision, hearing, alcohol and drug audit assessment. Pre-employment qualification drug test(s) are also required.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
- Education verification
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").