City : DARTMOUTH
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Geotechnical Engineer - ( 210002LM )
Build the foundation for a lasting and successful career in geotechnical engineering by starting with a good team. When we say that we’re full-service, we mean it. You’ll find us in the office, on site and in the lab. We work indoors and out, above and below ground, over and under water, across projects large and small. From field exploration and laboratory testing to the design and construction management of complex geotechnical structures, our team does work that’s rock solid. Join our team today!
Stantec is seeking an Intermediate Geotechnical Engineer to join our team. This position offers the opportunity to work on engineering and geotechnical projects in a multi-discipline project team environment. In this role you will be responsible for developing cost effective, practical geotechnical engineering designs and construction solutions for our clients. This immediate need requires the applicant to have strong technical design skills with the communication and organizational skills to manage projects and act as a technical resource for the team.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Working on a variety of small to large projects spanning from transportation, residential, commercial, and industrial developments.
- Assisting senior engineers with developing and managing project scopes, budgets, staffing and schedules.
- Conduct field work and testing which may include borehole drilling, test pit supervision, construction site review, rock anchor testing, slope stability assessments (rock and soil), and installation of instrumentation.
- Client and contractor management.
- Engineering design and assessment of geological and/or geotechnical systems involving foundation design, slope stability and settlement analysis, soil improvement, and others.
- preparation of proposals and geotechnical reports.
- Preparation and coordination of project specifications and construction documents.
- Other general field and office related duties as required.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- A self-starter who is innovative and enjoys working in a team environment.
- Strong technical skill set. Experience with rock mechanics, mining, tunnelling and numerical modelling are considered assets.
- Ability to participate and collaborate in a project team setting and to engage in creative and critical thought.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Bi-lingual communication skills are considered an asset.
- Valid Driver’s License.
Education and Experience
Minimum of a Bachelor degree in Civil/Geotechnical Engineering from a recognized university. A post graduate degree in Geotechnical Engineering would be an asset. Minimum of 4 - 8 years of experience in geotechnical consulting.
Professional Engineer in good standing with provincial association or the ability to obtain the professional designation.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Nova Scotia-Dartmouth
Job : Geotechnical Engineer
Organization : BC-1216 Environmental Services-GE-Canada East
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jan 13, 2022, 3:24:38 PM
Req ID: 210002LM
Vaccine Policy: Stantec requires some positions in North America to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 subject to reasonable accommodation to the extent required by law because of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief.
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans