Full Stack Software Developer
City : Brampton, ON, CA
Category : Software Development
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Rogers
At Rogers, we are committed to helping Canadians bridge the digital divide and ensure that no one is left behind in accessing reliable connectivity. Through our Service Expansion projects, we are proud to bring our wireless and internet service to homes and businesses across the country to connect them to the people and things that matter most.
Our rapidly growing team is looking for new team members who are committed to making connectivity possible for our neighbours, communities, and local businesses. This team works cross-functionally, collaborating with our Network, Rogers for Business, and Consumer teams to make a lasting impact in underserved or unserved communities for generations to come.
Come play a key role in building the future of innovation in Canada.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity:
Full Stack Software Developer –Technology Service Layer
The Technology Service Layer Development organization is looking for a Full Stack Software Developer who has real-world hands-on experience in developing microservices in an agile software development team which is responsible for the design, build and implementation of highly scalable software applications for IOT, 5G and Connected Home Technologies.
Reporting to the Software Development Manager – Tech Service Layer, the successful candidate will leverage his/her knowledge in building new services, managing existing applications, writing unit/functional/end-to-end tests, and applying security fixes.
This position requires creativity and innovation, strong communication skills, and collaboration with various cross-functional teams across Rogers.
- Build, optimize, and scale business-critical services and applications
- Automate builds, tests, and deployments
- Follow best software development practices (DRY, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery)
- Collaborate with engineers to build reusable and testable modules to reduce the cost of delivery
- Perform code reviews and design reviews to ensure compliance with development standards
- Create software architectural diagrams, design documents
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing best practices and habits
- Help build a self-managed, cross-functional team within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering/Science/IT or relevant experience
- Able to build, test, and secure REST APIs
- Experience with AWS, Docker, CI/CD pipelines
- Good understanding of agile software development life cycle and systems design
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Experience with software design patterns
- Strong technical aptitude, communication skills and willingness to learn a new application/domain are a must
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 8200 Dixie Rd (341), Brampton, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Technology & Software Development
Requisition ID: 269142
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
Our people are at the heart of our success
Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
We do what’s right, each and every day
We believe in the power of new ideas
We work as one team, with one vision
We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Digital & Technology