FSQA Supervisor – Contract
City : Hanover
Category : Other
Industry : Food/Packaging
Employer : Maple Leaf Foods
Any MLF team member interested in being considered for this role are encouraged to apply online by January 31. Applications received beyond that date are not guaranteed consideration.
Snapshot of a Day-in-the-Life:
- Supervise a staff of 1-4 QA techs ensuring that tasks are conducted consistently, efficiently and meet the needs of the business and those of our stakeholders.
- Planning QA staffing requirement according to staffing levels and production demands, including approving of payroll hours on a daily/ weekly basis and vacation scheduling.
- Maintain, update and ensure consistent execution of current QA programs and internal SOPs and compliance with BU and CFIA requirements.
- Assist with HACCP and MLF Food Safety and Quality program updates, maintenance, verification and function as a cross functional liaison to ensure the plant is meeting regulatory and compliance requirements for all stakeholders.
- feedback on performance and necessary improvements.
- Assist with third party audits (HACCP, Animal Welfare or customer) and prepare/ coach cross-functional managers before and during these audits.
- Assist in follow up and issue any corrective actions, if necessary, based on deviation found in plant process or resulting from customer complaints.
- Conduct monthly animal welfare audit.
- Conduct monthly, annual and new employee training (including orientation) on topics including but not limited to GMP, HACCP and Animal Welfare, and revise training programs as required.
- Assist with cross functional SOP development and ensure that facility SOPs and related documents are in correct format, properly stored and distributed as per manufacturing excellence requirements.
- Conducting monthly GMP, internal and external audits with cross-functional team and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Assist cross-functional team in investigating incidents and customer complaints.
- Provide functional support to crisis team including functioning as recall coordinator.
- Develop a constructive work environment through excellent interpersonal, team building skills, open communications, encouraging input and constructive performance management.
- Maintain an attitude of continuous improvement and training of employees at hourly and salary levels.
- Take lead on executing various initiatives to improve the quality and safety of our process and products.
- Support QA and Food Safety functions on after-hours shifts as required.
- Support to Six Sigma projects.
What You’ll Bring:
- Post-Secondary Education relating to Animal Science, Veterinary Science, Microbiology, Food Science, or related discipline.
- Two to five years’ experience in a HACCP recognized facility in a food safety or quality assurance role.
- Minimum two years of supervisory experience
- Excellent organizational, project management, multi-tasking and prioritization skills to be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Innovative and creative problem solving in finding solutions and opportunities.
- Proficient in Microsoft office.
- Exceptional leadership and communication skills.
What We Offer at Maple Leaf Foods:
- Being part of a high-performance, people-focused company that has an inspiring and unique vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, and a deep commitment to sustainable protein across North America.
- An inclusive company culture and a work environment that keeps our people safe, rewards excellence, and empowers everyone to learn and contribute their best.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that offer flexibility to meet your individual or family needs, including programs focused on improving mental health and wellbeing. These benefits start on your first day of employment.
About Us:We’re a carbon neutral food company on a purposeful journey to Raise the Good in Food through better nutrition, safer food and workplaces, more humane animal care, and environmental sustainability efforts that protect our planet. We care about our communities and commit to reducing food insecurity in Canada. Join us on the journey. Let’s build a better future, together.
We’re passionate about food. For more than 100 years, we’ve made delicious, healthy protein that Canadians love under iconic national and regional brands, like Maple Leaf®, Schneiders®, and Greenfield Natural Meat Co.® We’re on a journey to become the most sustainable protein company – not just in Canada – but on earth.
- We are carbon neutral.
- We are one of the only food companies in Canada to set science-based targets.
- We aim to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025.
A diverse and inclusive work environmentChampioning diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision and living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values. We believe in building, investing in, recognizing, and rewarding remarkable people who value an inclusive workplace, embrace all forms of diversity, and commit to including every voice in our collaborative environment. We’re so much stronger when we know we’re accepted and valued for who we are and what we each bring to the workplace.
We embrace a strong, values-based cultureOur eight Leadership Values are our north star. They guide the decisions we make for all our stakeholders: our consumers, our customers, our people, our communities, our shareholders, and the environment.
- Doing What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer: Please note that salaries posted on sites other than the MLF Careers Page are not a reflection of Maple Leaf Foods and are an estimated salary range provided by that particular job board. Maple Leaf Foods offers competitive wages and an attractive total rewards package, which will be discussed during an interview with our Talent Team.