City : GTA, ON, Canada
Category : Full-Time
Industry : Finance & Accounting
Employer : Mattamy Homes
Milton, Ontario (soon to be Mississauga) – Hybrid (3 days/week in office)
Mattamy Homes Canada
Finance, Greater Toronto Low Rise (GTL) Division
When it comes to forward-thinking homebuilding and thoughtfully planned communities, Canadians think of Mattamy Homes. And that success is centred on a foundation of great people, because our team is as solid as they come. At Mattamy, we are optimistic, hardworking and supportive. Together we learn and grow as we strive to create a positive impact in the homebuilding industry. Contributing to the Mattamy Way means being surrounded by caring people who encourage you to be exactly who you are. It means your opinion is invited and your contributions count. And it means a career filled with pride, knowing you’re part of an environmentally-conscious, action-oriented organization with big plans for the future. The opportunity to bring the future of living to homeowners based on what Canadians value is exciting – and we’re making it happen.
Learn more about what makes working at Mattamy special and our award-winning culture.
What we offer
In keeping with the Mattamy mission of providing The Best Homeowner Experience, the Financial Analyst, Joint Venture will be a key business partner in the division and will be jointly responsible for the land finance function, maintaining business partnering, financial modelling and analysis. In addition, Mattamy Homes is proud to be a designated CPA Employer and we anticipate that the successful candidate will be eligible to participate in our Mattamy Homes CPA Program, which provides cost and time support towards the attainment of the CPA designation.
What you’ll do
- Foster and develop strategic business partnerships with functional and departmental leaders, with ability to communicate financials and operational impacts into language relevant for business leaders.
- Preparation of joint venture partnership financial packages, including cash flow projections, project budget reports and financial statements (prepared by separate accounting team).
- Analyze financial statements to understand and explain the inputs and drivers of the business’ financial performance.
- Analyze and identify trends in key performance drivers and oversee monthly variance analysis processes, including communication with corporate stakeholders and follow-ups with division owners.
- Assist in developing models and other analyses to drive initiatives, monitor trends, and identify exceptions and to support the budgeting, forecasting, and strategic planning processes.
- Assist the Lowrise Division to be a pioneer in setting new standards and processes for Mattamy Canada Finance across the many Canadian Divisions and preparation of formal Memo’s outlining issues/implications/solutions/etc.
- Assists with collection of information for external audits.
What you bring
- University degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
- Completed or working towards finance designation (CPA or CFA)
- 1-3 years experience in a finance, accounting, or analysis orientated role
- Homebuilding and/or land development experience an asset
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to collaborate across levels and functions
- Ability to work well in a team environment or independently
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrates the highest level of ethics and personal integrity
- Ability to learn new software packages and experience with JD Edwards, Hyperion or Essbase a definite asset
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills including regular use of functions, pivot tables, etc.
- Strong analytical, accounting, and organizational skills with attention to detail
We encourage applicants who meet most of the role requirements to hit that submit button and apply! It’s okay if you don’t have 100% of the requirements. If you’re the right candidate, we’ll help you learn and grow.
Who we are
Mattamy Homes is the largest privately owned homebuilder in North America, with 40-plus years of history across Canada and the United States. Every year, Mattamy helps more than 8,000 families realize their dream of home ownership. In Canada, our communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area as well as in Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton.
Be yourself. We want it that way.
At Mattamy, we're passionate about creating and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can do their best work. Diversity and inclusion are important to the work we do to support our homebuyers, colleagues, and communities. From how we build our teams to cultivating our leaders, we're on a journey toward a welcoming, barrier-free culture for everyone.
Mattamy Homes Canada is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation through any aspects of the selection process, please notify us on your application and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Qualified applicants will be contacted directly by the Talent Acquisition team.