City : Saskatoon
Category : Other
Industry : Food/Packaging
Employer : Maple Leaf Foods
The Opportunity:The Finance Analyst (FA) assists in coordinating the financial reporting and analysis activities in the Saskatoon operation. This position works closely with operations to accurately reflect the results, ensure internal controls are in place and monitored, and provide expertise and support
Snapshot of a Day-in-the-Life:
- Reporting of the Weekly Vitals and Period End P&L Report
- Investigate variances, determine root causes, and recommend actions to minimize.
- Provide overhead management support to assigned Budget Manager and Finance Manager.
- Understand driving activities and provide analytics to assist management. Put controls in place to minimize variances and meet with stakeholders to review monthly results
- Assist in the annual overhead budgeting process.
- Play a key role in key tasks of the period end close process.
- Complete analysis and reporting on balance sheet accounts relating to Operations and ensure controls are in place, and items are accounted for.
- Collaborate with Finance Manager on special projects as assigned.
- Provide coverage for Finance Team Members as required.
- Design, test, implement and maintain procedures
- Provide leadership in formulating reports (both recurring and ad-hoc) which highlight opportunities and our progress in minimizing costs.
- Provide analytical support to the Saskatoon facility.
- Be active and participate in Six Sigma projects. Strive to Six Sigmatize the FA function
What You’ll Bring:
- Post-secondary education in an Accounting program
- Proficiency with MS Office, especially Excel and MS Access
- Knowledge of SAP or an ERP environment is an asset
- The ability to work cross-functionally
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong leadership and team building skills
What We Offer at Maple Leaf Foods:
- Being part of a high-performance, people-focused company that has an inspiring and unique vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, and a deep commitment to sustainable protein across North America.
- An inclusive company culture and a work environment that keeps our people safe, rewards excellence, and empowers everyone to learn and contribute their best.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that offer flexibility to meet your individual or family needs, including programs focused on improving mental health and wellbeing. These benefits start on your first day of employment.
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with company matching that starts on your first day of employment.
- Learning and development opportunities, including workshops, ‘speaker series’ events, and resources that allow you to develop your skills and progress your career.
- Comprehensive tuition reimbursement program that supports continuous learning and development of our team members through investment in eligible degrees, diplomas, professional certification, or trades programs.
- Supporting our deep commitment to community impact, we offer up to two paid days annually to volunteer at a cause of your choice.
About Us:We’re a carbon neutral food company on a purposeful journey to Raise the Good in Food through better nutrition, safer food and workplaces, more humane animal care, and environmental sustainability efforts that protect our planet. We care about our communities and commit to reducing food insecurity in Canada. Join us on the journey. Let’s build a better future, together.
We’re passionate about food. For more than 100 years, we’ve made delicious, healthy protein that Canadians love under iconic national and regional brands, like Maple Leaf®, Schneiders®, and Greenfield Natural Meat Co.® We’re on a journey to become the most sustainable protein company – not just in Canada – but on earth.
- We are carbon neutral.
- We are one of the only food companies in Canada to set science-based targets.
- We aim to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025.
A diverse and inclusive work environmentChampioning diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision and living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values. We believe in building, investing in, recognizing, and rewarding remarkable people who value an inclusive workplace, embrace all forms of diversity, and commit to including every voice in our collaborative environment. We’re so much stronger when we know we’re accepted and valued for who we are and what we each bring to the workplace.
We embrace a strong, values-based cultureOur eight Leadership Values are our north star. They guide the decisions we make for all our stakeholders: our consumers, our customers, our people, our communities, our shareholders, and the environment.
- Doing What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer: Please note that salaries posted on sites other than the MLF Careers Page are not a reflection of Maple Leaf Foods and are an estimated salary range provided by that particular job board. Maple Leaf Foods offers competitive wages and an attractive total rewards package, which will be discussed during an interview with our Talent Team.