City : Markham, ON, CA
Category : Facilities Specialist
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Rogers
At Rogers, the entrepreneurial spirit is part of our DNA. Our Rogers Business teams help foster and grow the Canadian economy by supporting businesses of all sizes. From small to large-scale enterprises, our teams help deliver innovative technology, network services, and a suite of solutions to help them succeed. We offer Canada’s largest and most reliable 5G network for our customers and are proud leaders in wireless private networking and IoT! We continuously expand and evolve our networks, invest in new technology capabilities, and invest in our people to serve our business customers and their communities.
Come play a key role in driving the future of business innovation in Canada. We are looking for team members with a passion for delivering industry-leading value to customers and supporting businesses in the communities where we live and work.
Are you up for the challenge? If so, consider the following opportunity:
The Data Centre Facilities Specialist (DCFS) is responsible for the operation, monitoring, trouble-shooting and basic maintenance of HVAC equipment, electrical, mechanical and fire suppression systems located within Rogers Data Centers.
The DCFS is responsible for embracing and maintaining the established rigorous internal controls designed to maintain SOC I, SOC II and PCI compliance. In this role, the DCFS is responsible for enforcing sign in and identification policies related to collocation clients and contractors or vendors while visiting the data centre to work on their equipment.
This role is responsible for the timely resolution of collocation client and internal trouble tickets. Data Centre Facilities Specialist (DCFS) are responsible for monitoring and analyzing Rogers Data Centre network and infrastructure alarms and escalating to appropriate teams as required.
What you will be doing:
- Quick and effective troubleshooting to diagnose mechanical and /or electrical systems failures and working with contractors to quickly resolve or mitigate interruption in services
- Incident reporting
- Documentation of maintenance and break-fix activities
- Scheduling regular preventative maintenance activities
- Performing basic preventative mechanical and/or electrical maintenance where safely applicable
- Performing basic Fire/ Life Safety maintenances where safely applicable
- Systematically troubleshoot various facilities systems where safely applicable
- Keep internal documentation up to date as processes and systems change and improve.
- Maintenance of electrical and mechanical drawings and project documentation
- Maintain diagrams for physical layouts of electrical and mechanical systems
- A working knowledge of pumps, compressors, boilers, chillers, building HVAC systems
- A working knowledge of UPS systems and associated switch gear
- A working knowledge of standby generator systems and associated switchgear
- A working knowledge of sprinkler systems/ fire alarms systems, building management systems
- A working knowledge of specialized data center cooling equipment
- Management of service contractors/vendors until assignments are satisfactorily completed
- Liaise with internal teams to assist with customer implementations.
- Perform weekly generator inspections
- Perform regular walk-throughs of the facility to ensure that everything is functioning properly.
- Conduct maintenance vendor orientations at site
- Perform power usage audits.
- Perform emergency cabling and patch cables.
- Responsible for Life Cycle Management planning and execution
- Emergency on-call and shift work including midnights, weekends, holidays.
- Maintain data center security systems and infrastructure monitoring
- Maintain security integrity at Rogers Data Centres based on security policies.
- Ensure both internal and external visitors to the Data Centre are aware of and comply with all health and safety guidelines+
What you bring:
- High School graduation with some Post-Secondary Education preferred
- Graduation from a trade school or recent apprenticeship in a mechanical/electrical trade or equivalent experience
- Experience operating and controlling large, complex electrical and mechanical systems
- Comprehension of common predictive and preventative maintenance techniques
- Proven discretionary judgment with ability to resolve both routine and non routine issues
- Attention to detail with an ability to follow through on project objectives
- Proven communication skills and exceptional service attitude
- Ability to work in a team-based environment with other facilities and technology professionals
- Demonstrated ability to handle a multi-tasking environment
- General knowledge of related codes, regulations and compliancy standards
- General knowledge of electric systems and components
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Working knowledge of DVM’s and other associated electrical/mechanical measurement tools
- Experience working with hand tools
- Ability to read and understand mechanical/electrical blueprints and single line diagrams
- Must have a car available for limited travel, on call and/or overtime
- Willingness to work overtime and any shift in support of a 7x24 operation
- Regular and on-going safety training is a requirement
Project management experience (PMP), ITIL certification, mechanical/electrical service experience, Sigma6/Prince2, building control systems, access control systems, CAD, Drafting experience are all considered valuable assets for this role.
Opportunities for ongoing training and skill/knowledge development will be made available.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 550 Cochrane Drive (194), Markham, ON
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Data Centres & Facilities Specialist
Requisition ID: 286505
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Digital & Technology