City : Vancouver, British Columbia
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
Fluor’s Mining and Metals Business line provides these engineering services to the mining industry globally with a focus on the engineering, procurement, and construction of processing and infrastructure facilities associated with the recovery of metals and minerals.
This position is responsible for complying with estimating procedures when developing project estimates. The individual may participate in identifying estimating improvement techniques. In this role, the individual acts autonomously on small projects. The individual will also be assigned to provide estimating support on larger projects, which may require the lead estimator to be responsible for the work product. This is considered to still be a learning position when developing engineering, procurement, and construction cost estimates. This position will require moderate supervision when developing estimates for Indirect, Escalation, Contingency, and Other Costs.
• Develop the estimate plan and coordinate estimate development with the project team, including preparation of the Estimate Schedule
• Provide high-quality estimates to upper-level estimators in a timely manner, in which the information is reconcilable to source data
• Be fully familiar with the use and purpose of Work Breakdown Structures (WBS); utilize assigned WBS in developing estimates
• Develop or assist in the development of Home Office and Construction estimates
• Plan and organize own work assignments, as well as carry out tasks from management staff
• Other duties as assigned
The successful candidate will maintain a current understanding of estimating techniques by researching new publications that impact the industry and maintaining expertise through the numerous opportunities provided by professional organizations, software vendors and other estimating specialists within the engineering, procurement, construction management (EPCM) industry as well as client representatives.