City : Kitimat, British Columbia
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost effective technology based solutions to address our client's needs is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us achieve our goals.
Fluor team members are at the core of Fluor’s successes and instrumental in executing projects safely, smartly and with the highest quality. If you value teamwork, empowerment in your career and are eager to champion Fluor’s project execution, this opportunity just may be for you!
Reporting to the Site Environmental Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for construction planning and execution, and compliance monitoring in terrestrial, riparian, freshwater, and marine areas.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES/FUNCTIONS:
• Responsible for the review of construction scopes against regulatory requirements, permit conditions, and Environmental Management Requirements.
• Consult crews planning and execution of construction activities under Fisheries Act Authorizations and other permits.
• Oversight of execution contractors and support staff.
• Provide professional opinion on matters related to execution of environmentally sensitive scopes
• Field direction of effective execution of construction, reclamation and contaminated sites.
• Verify compliance with federal and provincial regulations, and investigating compliance and conformance.
• Effective record keeping of environmental observations and compliance monitoring activities.
• Provide professional oversight and input into environmental work packages and compliance observations.
• Conduct and document pre-disturbance and construction monitoring activities, document action items, and close out.
• Implements and supervises techniques to minimize environmental hazards. Performs and inspects construction activities against permit conditions and regulations.
• Participates in the development of standards, guidelines and program execution as they relate to health, environment and safety (HES) policies, procedures, standards.
• Interacts and interfaces with clients and environmental regulators.
• Liaises with project teams and clients.
• Conduct or participate in audits and assessments.
• Conduct fish, wildlife and vegetation surveys and baseline assessments.
• Provide technical input to construction teams to expedite work activities.
• Participate in Environmental Hazard Assessments.
• Participate in or lead incident investigations, when required.
• Other duties as assigned.