Engineering Manager Mining & Metals
City : Vancouver, British Columbia
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
Fluor M&M is a leader in the study, engineering, and execution of M&M projects world-wide. We have designed and constructed marquee projects in all regions of the world. Regionally our current project base includes landmark projects in British Columbia, Western United States, Argentina, Chile, and European Union. We work with multiple major, and many emerging, mining companies, generally with a focus on precious metals. Our team is leading the market with efficient designs and serves as a key partner for our clients in developing new ways of adopting innovative technologies emerging in our sector, as well as redefining the project delivery model for the next wave of major world projects. We are currently executing feasibility study, detailed design, and construction work ranging from small capital improvement projects to our client’s largest mega-projects.
As Engineering Manager, you would be responsible for the delivery of engineering to Fluor's high safety and quality standards, meeting or improving on cost, schedule and project defined milestones. You could lead the multi-disciplined engineering team for small to large-sized, portions of or entire mega-sized EPC or EPCM projects. We look forward to welcoming an energetic contributor to our vibrant office.
The purpose of this position is to provide the essential administrative processes, technical knowledge, and direction as listed. This position has oversight of a specific scope and acts as a representative of the department ensuring technical accuracy in project execution in all phases. This role has the responsibility to promote Fluor’s competitiveness within the global marketplace by delivering quality services of unmatched value and technical competence. This role leads the engineering effort on assigned projects and is responsible for coordinating the individual Engineering Discipline Leads and the Project Document and Data Management (PDDM) Lead such that the most cost effective total project solution for executing engineering work is achieved.
• Direct and manage the interface between Engineering and the other disciplines on the project including Process Engineering, Project Controls, Project Management, Procurement and Contracts, Construction, and the client team;
• Translate global strategic initiatives into procedures to be implemented on projects;
• Act as a leader in applying Cost Competitive Execution techniques and develop the most cost- effective total project solution;
• Ensure that the engineering work on the project is completed on schedule, meets Fluor’s quality standards including review meetings and checking procedures, performance is within the baseline man hour and material budgets, required deliverables are produced, change management is executed in a timely manner, and Engineering Department Managers are apprised of issues related to their function;
• Work with Discipline Leads and Engineering Department Managers to ensure that staffing levels are appropriate to achieve the engineering schedule commitments and personnel are assigned with appropriate ability;
• Other duties as assigned.