Engineering Manager -Mining & Metals
City : Vancouver, British Columbia
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
Fluor team members are at the heart of our success in executing projects safely, thoughtfully, and with the highest quality. We aim to foster an inclusive culture that prioritizes diversity and inclusion that allows employees to bring their best, most authentic selves to work. If you value teamwork, empowerment in your career, and are eager to champion innovative and sustainable solutions to our clients, this opportunity just may be for you!
With the improving outlook for the Mining and Metals (M&M) sector, Fluor Vancouver has an exciting opportunity for an Engineering Manager to join our team.
Fluor M&M is a leader in the study, engineering, and execution of M&M projects world-wide. We have designed and constructed marquee projects in all regions of the world including Peru, Chile, Mongolia, the Dominican Republic, Mexico, and at home in British Columbia. We work with major and emerging, mining companies, with a copper or gold focus. Our team is leading the market with efficient designs and developing new ways of adopting innovative technologies emerging in our sector, redefining the project delivery model for the next wave of major world projects. We are currently executing work across North America, European Union, Asia, and South America.
You would be responsible for the delivery of engineering to Fluor's high safety and quality standards, meeting or improving on cost, schedule and project defined milestones. You could lead the multi-disciplined engineering team for small to large sized EPC or EPCM projects. We look forward to welcoming an energetic contributor to our vibrant office.
This role leads the engineering effort on assigned projects and is responsible for coordinating the individual Engineering Discipline Leads and the Project Document and Data Management (PDDM) Lead such that the most cost- effective total project solution for executing engineering work is achieved.
• Direct and manage the interface between Engineering and the other disciplines on the project including Process Engineering, Project Controls, Project Management, Procurement and Contracts, Construction, and the client team;
• Translate global strategic initiatives into procedures to be implemented on projects;
• Act as a leader in applying Cost Competitive Execution techniques and develop the most cost- effective total project solution;
• Ensure that the engineering work on the project is completed on schedule, meets Fluor’s quality standards including review meetings and checking procedures, performance is within the baseline hour and material budgets, required deliverables are produced, change management is executed in a timely manner, and Engineering Department Managers are apprised of issues related to their function;
• Work with Discipline Leads and Engineering Department Managers to ensure that staffing levels are appropriate to achieve the engineering schedule commitments and personnel are assigned with appropriate ability;
• Other duties as assigned.