City : St. Jacobs, Ontario, Canada
Category : Facilities and Maintenance
Industry : Retail
Employer : Home Hardware
Home Hardware has an exciting position for an Electrician. Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, you will be responsible for the day-to-day troubleshooting and preventative maintenance of the material handling equipment, as well as any electrical requirements throughout the St. Jacobs and Elmira Dealer Support Centre's.
**Please note that this is a Night Shift position (Hours: 11PM to 7AM, Sunday Night to Friday Morning) – Shift Premium applied
What you’ll do:
- Install new components, repair, and maintain electrical/mechanical equipment and systems according to the Ontario Electrical Safety Code.
- Respond to and correct equipment failures in a timely manner. Troubleshoot conveyance issues and understand resources needed to resolve them.
- Complete preventative maintenance routines, documentation, and procedures; identify issues as they occur and take appropriate action to resolution.
- Perform complex maintenance and equipment testing to ensure they meet specifications.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships across all levels of the organization.
- Other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor.
What we’re looking for:
- Associate degree or vocational technical training preferred. Ontario Ministry of Training Colleges and Universities Certificate of Qualification License 309-A or 442 with minimum two years’ experience.
- Min. 1 year of experience within an Industrial site
- Electrical troubleshooting skills to include wiring, AC power, motors, electrical schematics and control panels. Experience with 347/600v 3 phase systems and low voltage systems.
- Knowledge of automated equipment, preferably automated material handling systems. Familiar with Allen Bradley PLC control platforms. Knowledge of lock-out and tag-out procedures.
- Ability to identify potential problems and provide corrective/ preventative solutions.
- Must be willing to operate scissor lift, forklifts, chain hoist, slings etc. (Training provided). Arch Flash and Work at Heights training would be an asset.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- A background in mechanical repair and pneumatics would be an asset.
- Ability to work additional or varied hours as required to fulfill the “on-call” responsibilities of the position.
Home Hardware recognizes the value of a diverse team. We believe that different perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences make us stronger as an organization. Applicants representing the full diversity of communities in Canada are encouraged to apply with confidence. Please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.