Electrical Reliability Engineer
City : Saint John
Category : Engineering & Science
Industry : Miscellaneous manufacturing
Employer : J.D. Irving
ELECTRICAL RELIABILITY ENGINEER
Irving Wallboard is a highly automated manufacturing facility that provides a broad range of gypsum wallboard products for use in the construction industry. Our top quality wallboard is made in our 300,000 square foot facility, one of the newest and most modern wallboard manufacturing facilities in North America. From residential to commercial, we produce a full array of products in widths up to 54 inches with multiple lengths and edge details.
Safety is key to our business performance and a core business value, building a productive environment and culture that fosters an accident free workplace. Atlantic Wallboard is part of the Construction and Equipment Division with the J.D. Irving, Limited group of companies.
We provide an opportunity for you to build your career with a dynamic company, offering personal and professional growth through investment, training and development, mentorship, and real world challenge to support you in reaching your career goals.
About the Opportunity
Committed to continuous improvement and long term sustainability in safety, operations, and asset maintenance, we need your help to identify and close gaps between where we are today, and our strategy’s vision of success. The ELECTRICAL RELIABILITY ENGINEER role is focused on improving our current equipment and operation reliability, while focusing on future reliability of upcoming equipment upgrades and investments.
What We Offer to You
· Competitive salary with bonus incentives
· Group RRSP contribution matching program
· Flexible Health, Dental, Vision benefits, including a Health Spending Account
· Fitness center located on-site
· Health & Wellness reimbursement program
· Employee & Family Assistance Programs
· Employee wallboard product purchasing program
· Relocation costs, if applicable
· Opportunity to grow your career among the larger network of JDI companies
Your Role Expectations
· Drive improvement to our current equipment and processes to promote the safe, sustainable long term operation of our plant, fostering innovation and creativity to help reach our goals.
· Lead Root Cause Analysis (RCAs) on electrical, instrumentation and automation equipment and process failures
· Lead Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEAs) on electrical, instrumentation and automation equipment and processes
· Lead obsolescence planning and management for all electrical, instrumentation and automation equipment
· Lead process control network and cybersecurity maintenance programs
· Collaborate with maintenance tradespeople to create and maintain effective electrical, instrumentation and automation Preventative Maintenance Work Orders (PMs)
· Own the WO Quality Improvement program
· Lead continuous improvement projects and initiatives in the maintenance department and across all plant departments
· Support the vibration analysis, thermal imagery and lubrication programs
· Manage Bill of Materials, re-order points, obsolescence planning for all plant electrical, instrumentation and automation equipment
· Responsible for the maintenance functions of the company ERP/CMMS system
· Coordinate and manage industrial trades contractors, when required
· Be an active health and safety leader on our team
· Willing to step outside your role, to help our team achieve our goals
Professional Skills Expectations
· Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience
· 5+ years of experience is preferred
· Industrial and manufacturing experience is considered valuable
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Strong initiative, prioritization, and problem solving skills
· Strong analytical and fact-based decision-making ability
· ERP/CMMS experience is valuable, preferably JD Edwards / Oracle
· Proficiency in MS Office, Teams, PowerPoint
· Comfortable learning new systems and processes
· Commitment to continuous education and professional growth (Lean Six Sigma, MMP, P. Eng)
To Apply for this Career Opportunity
Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Atlantic Wallboard Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.