Electrical Engineering Team Lead
City : Trail, British Columbia, CA
Category : Engineering
Industry : Mining/Quarrying
Employer : Teck
Reporting to the Asset Planning and Reliability Manager, the Team Lead and Technical Specialist, Electrical Engineering will be Trail’s electrical subject matter expert and lead a team of engineers. The position will oversee all electrical assets for Trail’s Maintenance and Reliability Engineering process and support the Asset Planning process.
This role is in the welcoming community of Trail, situated in the beautiful West Kootenay region of southeastern British Columbia. Here you will find outdoor adventure at your fingertips! Whether it’s biking and skiing, or the laid-back atmosphere of fishing and hiking, there is something for everyone.
This position offers a compressed workweek with alternating Fridays off and comes with a competitive compensation and benefits package. Come experience what work life balance is all about!
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Lead, mentor and develop a small team of engineers by setting expectations and managing workloads
- Provide guidance as the electrical Subject Matter Expert for planning and execution of capital projects
- Manage the Electrical 5 & 20-year Major Maintenance and Capital Project portfolio
- Write Risk Based Business Assessment (RBBA) documents
- Builds scopes of work with sufficient detail for budgeting
- Manage design changes to equipment stemming from approved actions identified through failure investigations or assessments of chronic equipment identified in the Bad Actor process
- Conduct electrical equipment condition assessments and create corrective actions for repair
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with a specialization in Electrical Engineering, or a related discipline
- 15+ years of experience in mining, smelting, refining or similar heavy industrial facilities
- Applicants need to be eligible for registration or registered with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of B.C. (“EGBC”) as this will be a condition of employment. Teck will support eligible employees with their EGBC registration
- Experience with electrical power systems, power conversion technologies, motor control, AC & DC drives and other power electronic devices, crane controls, electrical power modeling and programmable control systems
- Demonstrated supervisory and mentoring experience
- Familiarity with CMMS systems is an asset
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources