Electrical Engineering Lead – Mining & Metals
City : Vancouver, British Columbia
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
The Electrical Engineering lead provides essential technical and administrative support and guidance by evaluating, selecting, and applying standard engineering techniques to moderately difficult assignments.
The electrical group is a dynamic team in which engineering, design, and leadership skills are combined to effectively support our clients. In addition to a solid education focusing on engineering, a strong set of personal competencies is a prerequisite for success. Being a team player and having an ability to interact effectively with client organizations, other disciplines, vendors, and contractors is essential.
The Electrical Engineer lead is responsible for electrical engineering and design development of projects in the mineral processing industry and will be responsible for project discipline engineers and designers.
Day to Day activities include:
• Lead engineer or area lead electrical engineer for feasibility studies and EPCM mineral processing projects of significant scale
• Develop and review project labour and material estimates
• Prepare electrical equipment specifications and technical bid evaluations for equipment such as power transformers, medium, and low voltage switchgear, medium voltage starters, motor control centres, variable frequency drives, large synchronous and induction motors, electrowinning rectifiers, and power factor correction
• Perform and check calculations including short circuit and voltage drop for electrical distribution systems
• Review vendor drawings and resolve vendor related issues
• Witness factory acceptance tests
• Provide engineering assistance to construction
• Prepare and maintain schedules, develop and monitor estimates, and manpower forecasts
• Full competency in electrical design considerations and interdisciplinary interfaces required for the successful design of a complex mineral processing facility
• Demonstrate a high regard for HSE, technical assurance, and safety in design
• Provide leadership and technical support to other engineers and designers, knowledge share, and act as a mentor to others in the department