City : Brampton, ON
Category : Supply chain and logistics
Industry : Charitable Organizations
Employer : Canadian Blood Services
Job category: Supply chain and logistics
Job posting ID: 3672
Employment status: Regular part-time
Possible schedule/FTE: Guaranteed Minimum of 0.5, typical schedule is 0.80 or greater
Classification: BT OPSEU 200
Salary/Rate of pay: $23.88 with guaranteed raises based on hours worked thresholds, current top rate of $28.69
Application deadline: 2022-10-14
This position is open to: Internal and External applicants
Somewhere in Canada there’s a life you can save.
Be part of a dynamic, collaborative and caring organization committed to saving and improving the lives of Canadians. Thousands of Canadians depend on us every day for reliable access to safe blood, plasma, stem cells and organs and tissues.
Join Canada’s Lifeline and make a meaningful difference every day.
About the role
Canadian Blood Services is looking for a Regular Part-Time Driver to join our dynamic Supply Chain team in Brampton. Our Drivers do so much more than drive. Our drivers work very closely with our Collections team and donors - so an aptitude for customer service is imperative! Collaboration, respect and integrity are essential in this role.
Key responsibilities include:
- Operating and maintaining Canadian Blood Services’ vehicles, transporting blood products, supplies, employees, volunteers, donors and equipment
- Receiving, preparing and shipping packaged blood products/specimens
- As a member of the Collections team, you will be setting up and taking down equipment at mobile donor centres
- Understand and comply with all internal safety work instructions and procedures to ensure safety of our products
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- A valid Ontario professional Driver's license is required (Class A,B,C,D or F)
- A minimum of 24 months professional driving experience within the last 3 years
- Must be available to work all shifts including days, evenings, overnights, weekends and some holidays
- Ability to communicate effectively and work well in a team environment
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch push and pull mobile clinic carts
- Physical capability to load and unload and carry heavy clinic equipment and supplies
- Strong time management skills and ability to work well under pressure
- Payments in lieu for vacation, holidays and benefits
- Comprehensive group health, dental and vision benefits after one year of service
- Defined benefits pension plan
- Paid meals, wage premiums for evenings, overnight, weekends and holidays, as well as uniform and boot/glove allowance
- Employee discounts, wellness program, and much more
Diversity and inclusion play a vital role in ensuring health equity for patients across Canada. We are committed to reflecting Canada’s population in our organization and fostering an environment where all employees can be their authentic selves, with equal opportunities to succeed and contribute.
To protect the health and safety of its employees, all Canadian Blood Services’ employees are required to be fully vaccinated (COVID-19 vaccine doses as approved by Health Canada), subject to any medical or other human rights grounds.
If this role resonates with you, we encourage you to apply! This could be your first step towards a meaningful and inspiring career. Come to work each day knowing that you save lives.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those considered for an interview or those invited to participate in an assessment (such as testing) will be contacted. Applicants who require accommodation should discuss their needs with us.