Domestic Class 1 Driver – Regina, SK
City : Regina, Saskatchewan
Category : Full time
Industry : Supply Chain & Distribution
Employer : Shoppers Drug Mart®
Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role.
All referred applicants must first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague.
At Loblaw, we help millions of Canadians get through their best days, worst days, celebration days, and every day. Through our innovation and quality products, we’re here for our friends, neighbours, family members and colleagues.
We succeed through collaboration and commitment and set a high bar for ourselves and those around us.
We’re looking for adaptable people who are thrilled to join us in our goal of helping Canadians Live Life Well®. Whether you are just starting your career, re-entering the workforce, or looking for a new job, this is where you belong. We promote leaders at every level and support our people to follow their passion.
What you will do:
- Available runs include drop/switch and retail deliveries.
- Transport product to switch points or destinations throughout the Saskatchewan and Manitoba.
- Pick up backhaul loads to return to distribution centre.
- Provide proper documentation to dispatch and point of delivery
- Follow required Hours of Service according to Canadian legislation
- Represent Loblaw by driving in a professional manner, maintaining care and control of equipment and load
- LCV positions open—please specify interest in application
- Minimum 2 years verifiable safe Class 1 driving experience
- Positive attitude with commitment to provide superior customer service
- Clean driver’s abstract
- Prior experience using ELD an asset; ability to learn and utilize transportation technology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Available for full time, year-round work
- LCV driver qualifications:
- No driving related criminal code convictions in prior 36 months
- No more than 2 moving violations in prior 12 months
- No more than 3 moving violations in prior 36 months
- 24 months/150,000 km driving experience
Applicants will be required to pass a criminal background check.
Loblaw is committed to sustainability by sourcing products with integrity and making a positive difference in the community. Our CORE Values – Care, Ownership, Respect and Excellence – guide all our decision-making and come to life through our Blue Culture. We offer our colleagues progressive careers, comprehensive training, flexibility, and other competitive benefits – these are some of the many reasons why we are one of Canada’s Top Employers, Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers & Canada’s Top Employers for Young People.
Employment Type:Full time
Type of Role:Regular
We have a long-standing focus on diversity, equity and inclusion because we know it will make our company a better place to work and shop. We are committed to creating accessible environments for our colleagues, candidates and customers. Requests for accommodation due to a disability (which may be visible or invisible, temporary or permanent) can be made at any stage of application and employment. We encourage candidates to make their accommodation needs known so that we can provide equitable opportunities.
Candidates who are 18 years or older are required to complete a criminal background check. Details will be provided through the application process.