City : British Columbia
Category : Other
Industry : Real estate and rental and leasing
Employer : BC Housing
($42,899.13 - $48,602.25 - Annually)
Reporting to the assigned supervisor, the Documentation Clerk is responsible for processing documentation such as tenant move-outs, building inspections, Declarations of Income and Assets, pet registration, tenant chargebacks, processing work orders, and accounts payable invoices. He/She/They performs property portfolio and property maintenance support functions, provides direct face-to-face and telephone-based customer service to visitors and clients, maintains various databases and current tenant files, and provides general operational support.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Secondary school graduation plus completion of a comprehensive post-secondary course in office or business administration from a recognized educational institution.
- Sound clerical experience in related office administration, including contact with diverse members of the public.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience suitable to the employer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Sound practical knowledge of the rules, practices, and procedures of office and program administration.
- Sound practical knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Word and Excel.
- Some knowledge of accounting.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good keyboarding skills with a minimum of 50 wpm keyboard speed.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with good conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to interpret and understand financial documents received from tenants.
- Ability to demonstrate patience and tolerance and exercise tact, diplomacy, and good judgement when dealing with a variety of clients, including those of diverse cultural, educational, and socio-economic backgrounds and those with difficult behavioural issues.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and process a large volume of work in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of accuracy while meeting prescribed deadlines.
- Ability and interest in taking initiative, being flexible, adapting to change and contributing in a team environment.
- Ability to assess and respond quickly and effectively to an incident and/or crisis.