City : Kitimat, British Columbia
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost effective technology based solutions to address our client's needs is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us achieve our goals.
Fluor team members are at the core of Fluor’s successes and instrumental in executing projects safely, smartly and with the highest quality. If you value teamwork, empowerment in your career and are eager to champion Fluor’s project execution, this opportunity just may be for you!
The Diversity Coordinator reports to the JFJV Industrial Relations – Training Manager and is responsible for providing initiatives, plans, and processes, as well as responding to queries about having an inclusive and “BC First” trades workforce, with a heavy emphasis on apprenticeship, on the LNG Canada project in Kitimat, BC.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Initiates plans with subcontractors and unions to achieve the goal of twenty-five percent (25%) apprentices
• Provides recommendations in response to subcontractor, union, training provider, and contractual needs concerning diversity and BC First initiatives
• Assists in promoting the hiring of under-represented groups in the trades
• Researches leading-edge programs to promote cooperation and coordination with unions, training providers, and subcontractors
• Prepares statistical reports based on the actual workforce at the LNG site in Kitimat
• Utilizes the statistical reports to cause constructive actions concerning recruiting, hiring, and maintaining a diverse and BC First subcontractor workforce
• Act as a liaison with the External Affairs department of JGC-Fluor, Local First Nations and Trade Schools/Colleges in Kitimat area.