Digital Product Manager
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5A3X5
Category : Manager
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 173497
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
We’re looking for a customer-obsessed Product Manager who is excited to bring their passion and skills to help the Identity & Onboarding Product team deliver the optimal digital banking experience in Canada. You will collaborate with Scotia Digital’s accessibility, customer experience, design and technology teams; the bank’s business lines and control functions to ensure our customers can open a bank account or apply for a financial product in a safe, secure and trusted environment.
Is this role right for you?
- Champion customer experience while ensuring our customers can easily sign-up for our products and services with minimal friction
- Work with a wide array of teams across the bank to meet their business needs around identity (know your client) and fraud prevention
- Build reusable and scalable customer facing digital products that will be leveraged by internal teams to solve their problem of identifying the customer
- Lead problem discovery to understand customer needs, current challenges and work closely with design and engineering partners to come up with solutions
- Contribute to the development of a product vision and roadmap, create, and maintain a detailed product backlog and continuously re-prioritize user stories that will provide the most customer or end user value
- Use data to make decisions, gathering anonymous data insights by design to improve product outcomes
- Build hypothesis, test and iterate to formulate an agile product development approach
- Establish a close relationship with stakeholders to ensure their requirements are translated into the right products. Manage expectations with effective communication
- Establish clear OKRs for your product and work with analytics team to monitor, measure and assess key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Maintain an understanding of the financial services industry and trends in digital banking, digital identity, and digital security
- Understand how the bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- You have 3+ years of experience in a role building customer facing digital products whether web, mobile or microservice based
- You have managed a technology product or a digital journey end to end, from inception to delivery
- You have a keen ability to turn business needs into technical requirements and vice versa, and write product requirement documentation to specify what needs to be built for the product
- You are a strong problem solver and have a flair for getting things done
- You have excellent organizational and analytical skills with strong attention to detail
- You have a curious and experimental mindset to drive innovation amidst uncertainty
- You have strong facilitation skills with proven accomplishments leading cross-functional teams
- You have experience influencing others by persuasion rather than authority – making your case through excellent communication, speaking clearly to be easily understood, and writing powerfully to persuade
- You have experience working with complex stakeholders to understand and support their users’ needs
What's in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity and curiosity and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create meaningful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We hire you for your talent — not just a job — so you can grow with us. We’ll equip you for success not only in your role, but also in your career as a whole
- Dress codes don't apply here: being comfortable does
- Our work from home social channel offers weekly virtual yoga, social events, learning opportunities, and contests to share current experiences & promote wellbeing in our new remote environment
- Access to thousands of online and in-person courses so you can hone your current skills, or learn new ones
- A competitive rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs on pension and profit sharing, paid vacation, personal & sick days, medical, vision, and dental benefits that start from day one and much more!
- Free shuttle service to and from Union Station, onsite subsidized cafeteria with a chef, and an onsite fitness center *
*Some of our perks & onsite offerings will be offline as we continue to monitor federal and provincial regulations around COVID-19.
Work arrangements: Fully remote / Hybrid
The way we work is changing. This is a fully remote role, where you’ll be working exclusively from the comfort of your own home. While we’re hiring for all shifts, we’re flexible and will try our best to accommodate your preferred shift.
The role is currently virtual but will eventually be based in our office as requirements change, with optional partial virtual work.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.