City : British Columbia
Category : Other
Industry : Real estate and rental and leasing
Employer : BC Housing
($84,795.00 - $99,759.00 Annually)
The Development Manager is responsible for the initiation, planning, design, risk assessment and delivery of a portfolio of complex and diverse social, affordable and mixed market housing, group home and specialized facility developments/projects through all project development phases, from initiation through to warranty inspection and occupancy. He/she/they provides project leadership and coordination to a project team and works collaboratively with project sponsors and partners, including societies, private sector developers, consultants, industry specialists, contractors, government ministries, municipality officials, Health Authorities, First Nations and various agencies in achieving project objectives. Specific responsibilities vary depending on the role BC Housing is playing in each project, whether as a funding/delivery agency and lender (for social housing projects where the Society has a development consultant) or as project manager and lender for directly delivered projects. The position is accountable for ensuring that all due diligence requirements have been considered and completed, and that the various funding and finance models abide by Provincial fiduciary requirements.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- University degree in business administration, project management, land use planning, or real estate development and financing or a related field
- Considerable project management experience relating to the development of multi-unit residential housing, including the non-profit sector market, as well as experience negotiating contracts, municipal land use entitlements and real estate issues, and partnership agreements.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the Employer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Considerable knowledge and understanding of project management philosophies, theories and principles, including project scoping, budget development/financial management, scheduling, tendering, quality assurance, risk management and project team coordination
- Considerable knowledge and understanding of real estate property development and construction, and related business concepts, processes and practices
- Considerable knowledge of municipal planning; public consultation processes; design, development and delivery processes; project tendering and construction processes; and warranty, handover and operational processes related to real estate development and construction
- Working knowledge and understanding of BC Housing’s housing programs, and development and lending policies specifically relating to the development of social housing
- Good planning, organizational and time management skills in a complex and fast-paced environment with defined timelines
- Strong negotiation, facilitation, influencing, persuasion, conflict resolution and consensus building skills
- Good interpersonal, project leadership and team building skills
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Proficient computer skills including use of relevant business applications, particularly complex spreadsheet, scheduling management and project management software
- Ability to coordinate planning, design development, construction and due diligence activities within a regulatory framework for a range of projects, and balance diverse interests, risks and benefits in achieving project objectives
- Ability to analyze and solve complex and challenging issues, strategize options, form solutions, mitigate risks and make effective decisions, using a high degree of judgment and business acumen
- Ability to develop, influence and manage collaborative and mutually beneficial relationships with stakeholders/ partners, interest groups and public
- Ability to prepare detailed and complex reports on real estate property and planning, design, development and construction matters
- Ability to communicate ideas and issues with a broad range of audiences, including industry professionals, clients, partners and stakeholders, where there may be diverging stakeholder objectives and opinions
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to travel
- Due to the nature of this role, a valid class 5 driver's license and satisfactory driving record is required.
- Due to the nature of this role, access to a reliable vehicle will be required