DAS Administrative Coordinator
City : British Columbia
Category : Other
Industry : Real estate and rental and leasing
Employer : BC Housing
DAS ADMINISTRATIVE COORDINATOR:
($48,174.13 - $54,676.88 - Annually)
Reporting to the assigned supervisor, the DAS Administrative Coordinator is responsible for providing a variety of program and project administration and administrative services to a team within the Development and Asset Strategies Branch. He/she/they are required to perform the majority or all the following functions dependent to support assigned teams. The position works on programs and projects delivered by the Branch that are complex, multi-dimensional, and involve numerous stakeholders, requiring considerable judgment, and initiative on the part of the incumbents to effectively coordinate all administrative aspects of assigned projects to successful conclusion.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Completion of a post-secondary diploma in business or program administration or other relevant discipline, including courses related to contract and accounting administration.
- Sound experience in a relevant subject area and in a comparable environment such as the housing, construction, or development industry.
- Sound experience with front-of-office experience with a development firm is required for certain positions.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience acceptable to the employer
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Sound practical knowledge of program/project, accounting, and contract administration, including invitational and public procurement, and tendering practices
- Sound knowledge and understanding of accounting processes
- Sound practical knowledge of and proficiency in standard word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and other relevant applications including MS Office (Word, Excel)
- Some knowledge of construction processes, cash flow, budgeting, and scheduling
- Ability to read and review tender documents, change orders, and other contract documentation
- Ability to work independently as well as function effectively in a team environment
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment, while responding to numerous diverse and shifting challenges without compromising the quality of the work
- Ability to exercise tact, diplomacy, and good judgment when dealing with a broad range of audiences
- Ability to find and implement creative and practical solutions to problems
- Strong analytical, research, and problem-solving skills
- Strong initiative, follow-through skills, and attention to detail
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills