City : Vancouver, British Columbia, CA, V5M 2C9
Category : See posting
Industry : Financial Services
Employer : Coast Capital
Location: Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Toronto
Job Type: Full Time
myWork Options: In-person, Remote, Hybrid
What’s the opportunity?
As a Credit Analyst, you are accountable for analyzing credit submissions from the Direct or indirect sales group and other channels as requested while exercising good judgment in providing approvals for qualified loans/leases within assigned lending limits. You will conduct an ongoing Quality Control Audit of new and existing equipment loan/lease underwriting and assist with developing and delivering the equipment loan/lease training process, including system training. Also, you will act as a primary resource to sales personnel with respect to credit policies and procedures.
What you’ll get to do:
- Conducts random audits. Ensures appropriate action regarding results, i.e., documentation, follow-up, and reporting.
- Maintains regular contact and a reciprocal relationship on behalf of the CTG with various outside agencies and related offices (e.g., Law Firms, Brokers, other Credit Unions etc.).
- Effectively communicates credit decisions to applicable staff clearly, concisely and respectfully.
- Provides timely and accurate application adjudication as detailed in the SLA
- Lending limits up to $250,000.00 depending on experience level and aptitude
Who are we looking for?
- Minimum 1 – 3 Years of Job-Related Experience
- High School Diploma plus completion of a Certificate Program (equivalent to one full year or 10 courses).
- Successful completion of all in-house commercial /equipment Lending courses or equivalent work experience.
- Expert understanding of the Loans Origination System.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Expert knowledge of the Compass Application System
- Willingness to work on a team in a busy, ever-changing, and occasionally stressful environment.
- Advanced financial services background.
- Expert knowledge of all aspects and functions of CTG lease/ lending products, policies and procedures.
- Advanced knowledge of risk management as it relates to credit underwriting.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion at Coast Capital
Don’t meet every single requirement? At Coast Capital, we believe everyone has potential. We are committed to building better, brighter, more inclusive futures for everyone – including our employees. We see the potential in our employees to achieve amazing things and want to invest in your future. If you’re excited about this career opportunity and your experience may not perfectly align with every qualification in this job posting, we still encourage you to apply. You may be just the right candidate for this or other opportunities at Coast Capital.
At Coast Capital, we are committed to equity, diversity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous Peoples, Black, and racialized persons, persons with disabilities, people of diverse sexual and gender identities and women. We value applicants who have demonstrated a commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion and recognize that diverse perspectives, experiences and expertise benefit of our employees, our members, and our community.
We strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our candidates with different abilities. If you require any accommodations, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will work with you to meet your needs.